Turn on thread page Beta

What is the worst ending to a film you have seen? watch

ReputationRep:
    which film endings havent impressed you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbk4894)
    which film endings havent impressed you?
    The Bourne Legacy: After a better than expected film, the ending just ruined the film, and has tarred a very good series.

ReputationRep:
    Inception

I get it was meant to be mind blowing or whatever but a little more clarity would have been nice.

ReputationRep:
    The most recent one I can think of is the ending for The Wolf Of Wall Street, was fairly disappointing considering that the rest of the film was a masterpiece.

ReputationRep:
    Memento for me, the ending makes a mockery of the entire film - even though I do like Chris Nolan's ambiguous endings (the ending of Inception works for me) - the twist just doesn't work imo.

Although, I'm sure I've definitely seen worse endings to films, it was more of a personal disagreement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solitarysniper)
    The most recent one I can think of is the ending for The Wolf Of Wall Street, was fairly disappointing considering that the rest of the film was a masterpiece.
    What didn't you like about it? It's just the fall of his empire followed by the beginnings of his public speaking career (with a nice little cameo from the real Belfort).

ReputationRep:
    I Am Legend.

Horrific ending, nothing like the book or even the original cut at all.

ReputationRep:
    I am Legend.

The contempt I hold for that film isn't healthy.

ReputationRep:
    Paranormal Activity. Like wtf? Suspense built up for nothing, really.

ReputationRep:
    One of the worst has to be the alternate ending to Titanic, I'm so thankful it didn't make the final cut.

ReputationRep:
    A.I. Artificial Intelligence

Up until the final act, I really thought it had great potential. I mean it wasn't HORRIBLE horrible but.. ugh

ReputationRep:
    Spiderman 1.

ReputationRep:
    Knowing.

It involved some action, a potentially interesting and slightly creepy storyline and they could have led up to a decent ending, and instead his kid get's taken by aliens.

Biggest let down of a film that was doing okay up until the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KJane)
    One of the worst has to be the alternate ending to Titanic, I'm so thankful it didn't make the final cut.
    What was the alternate ending?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhimsicalSloth)
    A.I. Artificial Intelligence

Up until the final act, I really thought it had great potential. I mean it wasn't HORRIBLE horrible but.. ugh
    What didn't you like about it? I thought the film was weird, but he got the spend a day with his mum at the end and then he went to the place where dreams are made...:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Prisoners. Much confusion. Many questions. Little clarity. Wow.

ReputationRep:
    50 First Dates- it was good for a rom com until the freaking last 20 minutes which ruined it
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I always get massively annoyed with the twee-ness of the American Beauty ending. It's such a special film, it could have had a better ending I feel.

ReputationRep:
    The Mist. Yeah it was a great twist and thats good but omg if you have seen it then you'll know why its a bad ending actually!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    I Am Legend.

Horrific ending, nothing like the book or even the original cut at all.
    Horrendous film, let alone ending. Although horribly dated, The Omega Man remains the better film.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 4, 2014
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.