What is the best/worst season your club has had since you started watching them? Watch

hbk4894
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
for Bolton

Best - 00/01(Promotion) or 04/05(got into the uefa cup)

Worst 11/12(Relegation) or this season.
Manchester United
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Best - 2007/08 (better than 1999, because I remember it more and the players were world-class superheroes).

Worst - 2013/14 (Unless Moyes delivers the CL in May).
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Best - 1998/99
Worst - This year!!
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Best - 00/01. Now, winning the CL in Istanbul was mindblowing and unique, but for the overall quality of a season I've got to go with the year we won the three trophies before claiming the Charity Shield and Super Cup at the beginning of 01/02, too.

Worst - 09/10. To finish second in 08/09 was a real positive. We finished two points shy of winning the league with the highest ever runners-up tally. We then let Alonso go and replaced him with the injury-prone Aquilani and ended up finishing a lowly 7th the next year. Really disappointing. I wasn't surprised Rafa was let go. Hodgson's season with us ranks as an equal worst, but for sheer expectation, I was more disappointed with this.
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I started watching football in 1998, the first match I saw was the Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle United F.A. Cup final. I always had an affinity for Manchester United, so naturally I supported them. So, contrary to stereotype, I supported them during/after one of their worst seasons ever in recent time, 97/98. Other than that, it would be 2005 or something when Man Utd finished third. This season is fine because it's a free pass. Many successful managers have had poor starts whether it's Alex Ferguson or one of Fulham's Roy Hodgson, who either had an equally bad or worse start than Meulensteen.

When I got into football, I supported my hometown club Brighton & Hove Albion (since Worthing is too low down to really follow). Again, their worst season was 97/98 finishing 23rd in Division 3 i.e. the lowest possible finish without leaving the Football League. As with Man Utd, it's been up and up from as soon as I started supporting them/watching football.

Incidentally, Hull, Swansea and Cardiff were directly above Brighton in the next places. Just look at us now.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Started watching regularly from 2004ish.

Winning the CL in 2005 was the highest point. But I think 2008/2009 was the best season as a whole.

This season may top that though.

Worst was probably the first half of the season for 2010/2011 under Roy Hodgson. Kenny did a great job in the second half of the season though.
Zürich
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Best 2003/04 obviously although 2005/06 was nice too for a number of reasons. Ill probably never enjoy football as much as I did back then tbh, dont know if the weather in 2003/04 was good but I picture it that way for some reason :moon:

Worst 2011/12. Just found it very depressing after CescNasri/Clichy left and we had the likes of Santos/Gervinho/Benayoun playing, Ramsey/Mertesacker before they got good, and the team in general seemed to be full of average players. We didnt really seem to have a clear long term direction either and it looked certain that Spurs would finish above us for most of the season. Everything seemed against us, Wilshere/Rosicky missing through injury etc. Even the bright points like the 3-0 win at Milan were pointless. Only bright spot was seeing RVP rape every week but even that's now a bitter memory after he ****ed us over at the end of that season. And then to top it all off, Chavski won the CL in typical style and Holland were pathetic at the Euros. Bad memories all round tbh.
trrr
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Best 2009/10- Just really fond of this time period in general.

Worst:2012/13- Very frustrating time to be a fan tbh.
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by trrr)
Best 2009/10- Just really fond of this time period in general.

Worst:2012/13- Very frustrating time to be a fan tbh.
Mysteries are fun.
redleader1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Worst would be getting relegated into league 2 cant remember exactly what season.

Best was last season 2012/13. What and absolute brilliant season getting into a major cup final whilst being mid table in league two and beating 3 premiership teams along the way. Then gaining promotion into league 1
gmj1892
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by hbk4894)
for Bolton

Best - 00/01(Promotion) or 04/05(got into the uefa cup)

Worst 11/12(Relegation) or this season.
Not enjoying Dougie then, eh?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

13.65%
12.66%
12.41%
18.49%
23.33%
19.48%

Watched Threads