What's your hardest higher and why?

Watch this thread
ah4p
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
just curious
Pennyarcade
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ah4p)
just curious
English. I dont think this needs an explanation...

Posted from TSR Mobile
ah4p
Rep:
(Original post by Pennyarcade)

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol that's true, it's soo pointless too :/
is I worse than math and physics though?
ah4p
Rep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
is it worse than maths and physics though??
jadoreétudier
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 8 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
This was going to be almost my exact reply.
I spent the whole of my fifth year working on it. In the end I got an A by 1%.
ah4p
Rep:
(Original post by jadoreétudier)
This was going to be almost my exact reply.
I spent the whole of my fifth year working on it. In the end I got an A by 1%.
Wow well done My teacher seems to think I can get an A but I think this prelim should prove her wrong :P she's probably marking them tonight :/
jadoreétudier
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ah4p)
Wow well done My teacher seems to think I can get an A but I think this prelim should prove her wrong :P she's probably marking them tonight :/
Thank you! I did have a pretty good teacher though. I'd be surprised if there was many in the whole of Scotland who did more close readings than me..Haha.
Haha good luck if you don't get what you want, you can still work on it!
Quite a few have got C's up to As, or Ds up to Bs and Cs.
Pennyarcade
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ah4p)
is I worse than math and physics though?
Maths and physics are easy because if you put in effort you will get the rewards.
In english however, you can put in loads of hard work and still fail because you are naturally not good at writing

Posted from TSR Mobile
ah4p
Rep:
Maths and physics are easy because if you put in effort you will get the rewards.
In english however, you can put in loads of hard work and still fail because you are naturally not good at writing

Posted from TSR Mobile
that's true, plus maths and physics are a lot more enjoyable but I still find them more intimidating than English
Simonlittlex
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Hardest subjects for me are definitely English and business management.

English - Not the best at close reading and my essays are terrible, managed to get a C in prelim.

Business management - Loads of studying!

Hardest

English
Business
Admin
French
Spanish

Easiest
jackamakka
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Hardest is definitely Chemistry for me. There's just so much you need to know and there aren't many real-life experiences you can equate the content to, so nothing really sticks.

English is actually alright if you just know your texts inside out. I'm trying to learn my poem by heart and memorise all the key points for Gatsby and Othello which may be useful in an essay.
ChrissyH
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Easiest

History
English
Spanish
French
Geography

Hardest
caralong
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Easiest to Hardest

Philosophy, Maths, Biology, English and Physics

Physics is without a doubt the worst
Y2J97
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Easiest

Admin
French
Spanish
History
English

Hardest
SerLorasTyrell
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Hardest to easiest:

English
Maths
Chemistry
Biology
Physics

Posted from TSR Mobile
ah4p
Rep:
(Original post by caralong)
Easiest to Hardest

Philosophy, Maths, Biology, English and Physics

Physics is without a doubt the worst
yeah physics is soo hard, had the prelim today :/
ah4p
Rep:
(Original post by jackamakka)
Hardest is definitely Chemistry for me. There's just so much you need to know and there aren't many real-life experiences you can equate the content to, so nothing really sticks.

English is actually alright if you just know your texts inside out. I'm trying to learn my poem by heart and memorise all the key points for Gatsby and Othello which may be useful in an essay.
I'm doing Wuthering Heights, Streetcar, Shooting Stars, Havisham and Casablanca J have you done the prelim? how were the essay questions for Othello and Gatsby?? J
jackamakka
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ah4p)
I'm doing Wuthering Heights, Streetcar, Shooting Stars, Havisham and Casablanca J have you done the prelim? how were the essay questions for Othello and Gatsby?? J
Well we've only just started Gatsby so I didn't have it for the prelim, but the Othello question was generous.
ah4p
Rep:
(Original post by jackamakka)
Well we've only just started Gatsby so I didn't have it for the prelim, but the Othello question was generous.
that's good,what were the Othello questions? J
username738914
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Easiest to hardest

French
Technological Studies
Math
Physics
English
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.18%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.88%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.35%

Watched Threads