The Student Room Group

Chance of pregnancy? Really REALLY worried.

I need some serious and real advice. Me and my girlfriend were having sex yesterday. At around 12-ish, I was with her. She put a condom on, but it was the wrong way round, so only a little bit managed to roll down. She turned it over and put it on. (I realise now this is unsafe). I didn't put it in for a while and teased her for a few minutes. I tried to put it in, but it wouldn't go in properly cause I was too tight and we stopped. She told me to masturbate and I did, and ejaculated. Some went on her leg, most of it was on my hands. I washed my hands, wiped them, and came up to her and wiped her off. We were there for about 5 or so minutes. We then got into the shower together and stood for a few minutes, then I fingered her. I didn't realise what we did till that night and we spoke about it. This morning at about 9, She got a morning after pill. I'm just so scared she might be pregnant. I don't know what to do. What are the chances she might be pregnant? PLEASE HELP ME
Reply 1
No chance. Not gonna happen. She's had the morning after pill and there was only the tiniest, most minuscule chance even if she didn't get the MAP.

I strongly suggest she get on another form of birth control (pill, implant, IUD, patch, Nuvaring...there are lots of options) to minimise any unnecessary worrying in the future.
As the above poster said, there is little to no chance of her being pregnant, but the best thing to do is to test in a few weeks time (if she hasn't had a period by then) and check. There's no point checking sooner as it's hard to detect if you're pregnant.
The best times to do a pregnancy test are either around three weeks from the date of possible conception, or around 4-5 days after a period is due/any time after that. That's when the hormone levels will be high enough.
Speaking from experience, I have used the morning-after pill before, and was not pregnant.
Anyway, if you have any doubts, get her to test (more than once to be sure!) and in the event that anything does come up, there is plenty of time to get that sorted out. In the UK there are plenty of free options. Make sure you talk to her about it, it's as much her decision as it is yours if it comes down to it.
But in all honesty I really think there will be no need to worry.
If it makes you feel any better, I had a friend who (very irresponsibly) relied on the emergency pill for contraception several times and has not been caught out. Once, she had completely unprotected sex and took it over two days later but still did not get pregnant. Hope that quells your fears!

Quick Reply

Latest