Should i forgive my boyfriend for cheating? NEED HELP Watch

silverbrookfalls
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have been seeing my boyfriend for a year and a half now, and we have always been happy together and I have never had any trust issues with him and the same goes for him with me. I always found myself quite lucky at what a good relationship we have had.

Recently we were with each other one night and he broke down in tears and admitted to me that at the start of our relationship a girl made a move on him and he let it happen, he told me in was for only a few seconds and he was so drunk to the point he couldn't even tell me what the girl looked like. When he got home that night he spoke to his dad and his dad said to try and forget it and not let it affect our relationship.

I know the guy I am with and I know he is not a cheater and I do believe it was an honest mistake but mistakes can happen again and I don't no if I could go through the pain he is now putting me through. I genuinely think he is sorry but I am still so confused on whether I should give him a second chance because at the end of the day he was able to lie to my face for over a year about how he would never hurt me.

I would appreciate some help here!
Qymberley
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you're in a lot of pain because of his mistake, then maybe you should end it if you honestly think you can't get over it. It's going to be at the back of your mind and pretty much just delay the inevitable.

I think you should just forgive the poor guy, and rebuild your relationship because it's not like he was romantically cheating on you - it was one stupid kiss. Especially because he doesn't know what the girl looked like just shows how little that meant to him. But everyones different, so if you can't get over it then don't force yourself to.
wablapna
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by silverbrookfalls)
I have been seeing my boyfriend for a year and a half now, and we have always been happy together and I have never had any trust issues with him and the same goes for him with me. I always found myself quite lucky at what a good relationship we have had.

Recently we were with each other one night and he broke down in tears and admitted to me that at the start of our relationship a girl made a move on him and he let it happen, he told me in was for only a few seconds and he was so drunk to the point he couldn't even tell me what the girl looked like. When he got home the night it happened to had spoke to his dad and his dad said to try and forget it and not let it affect our relationship.

I know the guy I am with and I know he is not a cheater and I do believe it was an honest mistake but mistakes can happen again and I don't no if I could go through the pain he is now putting me through. I genuinely think he is sorry but I am still so confused on whether I should give him a second chance because at the end of the day he was able to lie to my face for over a year about how he would never hurt me.

If you forgive him..you will only establish a neurological pathway for him that says...."no consequences" and things that have "no consequences" are ALWAYS taken advantage of !! if you get my drift!
He will do it again...dont be hurt twice...at the very least..put it on the back burner and back off to see if he comes running back again !
AdampskiB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well, he clearly cares about you otherwise he would of kept his mouth shut. Better late than never - certainly applies to this case quite well. If he ever had intentions to hurt you I'm sure he would of carried on and never said anything, but he decided to tell the truth. Top lad, keep him.
SadiaAlia29
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wow. Thats a lot

I agree with Qymberley, He sounds like he really is sorry and he broke down in tears for heavens sake, but why is it only now he brought it up ? He broke down in tears about a drunken kiss, but if he was in tears surely it culdnt be about one stupid drunken kiss, maybe its because he really loves and feels bad but hmm ? makes me wonder why tears for such a small mistake.

I think you should forgive him but make him pay a little tbh.

All in all its your choice.

Gd Luck!
Huskaris
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you can genuinely forgive him, go for it, if you can't then it will hangover your relationship forever.
TheBBQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A man broke down into tears because of the guilt he had for one simple drunken kiss.

How many men get so emotionally overwhelmed by something like that? He's obviously very sorry for it and a lot of people who cheat would have kept it secret and maybe done worse.

I'd say forgive and forget. If he felt so bad to cry about it then he obviously thinks you are very special.
redferry
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Recently we were with each other one night and he broke down in tears and admitted to me that at the start of our relationship a girl made a move on him and he let it happen, he told me in was for only a few seconds and he was so drunk to the point he couldn't even tell me what the girl looked like. When he got home that night he spoke to his dad and his dad said to try and forget it and not let it affect our relationship.

personally, I would forgive this.

I don't really want to tell you what's right because that is your choice alone, but it seems to me this wasn't terribly malicious, your relationship is good and for that reason he deserves a chance.

Just one chance, mind.
joker12345
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It was at the beginning of the relationship when he was surely less emotionally invested in you than he is now, so there's no reason to think he'd repeat it. He hid it mainly on the bad advice from his father, not necessarily his own instinct. He told you despite not really having any pressure to and was very upset.
To me, forgivable.
silverbrookfalls
Rep:
?
Thank you so much for everyone who posted!! Helped me alot
redferry
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thank you so much for everyone who posted!! Helped me alot
If he does it again though, dump his ass

I wish you both loads of luck and happiness in your relationship!
LavenderBlueSky88
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd forgive him. If it was now, or if he slept with her it would be different, but it's worth letting this one go I reckon.
LightBlueSoldier
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

I'd dump him straight away. But that's me. In the end it's your decision

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eva.Gregoria
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I love how everyone is ignoring the fact that mistakes do happen and its perfectly possible for mistakes to not be repeated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
bingbashbosh
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If I were you I personally couldn't forgive anyone that cheated on me. I'd end it because I couldn't forgive them or even trust them again
Anonymous #1
Report 5 years ago
Go for it, you should forgive him. Although it's interesting that he told you, considering it was so long ago and barely anything happened. I had "goodbye" sex with the hook up I had, about 3 weeks into my current relationship and there's no way that my boyfriend would ever find out.
joker12345
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Go for it, you should forgive him. Although it's interesting that he told you, considering it was so long ago and barely anything happened. I had "goodbye" sex with the hook up I had, about 3 weeks into my current relationship and there's no way that my boyfriend would ever find out.
Don't you feel bad about lying to him?
Polkadot2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Let's get this straight, he cheated at the beginning of the relationship and couldn't admit it to you until now over a year later? Are you sure he has only cheated once?

If you trust him and you know it was an "honest mistake" then maybe try and work through it. After all it has been working for all this time, had you not known about it you would still feel happy. So it's all your choice. Why did you choose to tell you after so much time , was he drunk?
silverbrookfalls
Rep:
?
(Original post by Polkadot2)
Let's get this straight, he cheated at the beginning of the relationship and couldn't admit it to you until now over a year later? Are you sure he has only cheated once?

If you trust him and you know it was an "honest mistake" then maybe try and work through it. After all it has been working for all this time, had you not known about it you would still feel happy. So it's all your choice. Why did you choose to tell you after so much time , was he drunk?
I am not going to lie, I can not be 100% sure he has only cheated once.. if I was to take him back I would just have to believe that he is not lying to me again. He said the reason he is telling me now is because he was feeling so guilty about lying to me for so long..
Mankytoes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wow, people are harsh. This isn't like he was shagging some girl, he received a quick drunk kiss. I'm surprised anyone would even consider giving up a loving relationship for that. Then again, people always seem more keen to dump hypothetical partners than real ones.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (13)
13.13%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (6)
6.06%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (5)
5.05%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (15)