The Student Room Group

GCSE revision tips, advice and motivation

Okay so there's about 2 and a half months left until GCSE exams start. Let's all motivate each other and give tips on how to revise etc! Also, ways of relaxing and reducing stress etc! :smile:
just two months :frown: so little tymeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Reply 2
Original post by sophiamarni
just two months :frown: so little tymeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thanks for being the first one to reply!:biggrin:

But IKR!!!!! I've done a bit of revision during the Christmas holidays for the mocks, but now that the mocks are over, I have no motivation to revise again, and whenever I do try, I just get really stressed >< GAH

What subject are you taking?:tongue:
Original post by strawberrysnow
Thanks for being the first one to reply!:biggrin:

But IKR!!!!! I've done a bit of revision during the Christmas holidays for the mocks, but now that the mocks are over, I have no motivation to revise again, and whenever I do try, I just get really stressed >< GAH

What subject are you taking?:tongue:

i started at christmas too, triple science igcses:frown: which contain so much detail i have just finished making my notes its not in my head yet so that i clearly understand each topic. re which im fine about, english lit is ok because i got a b in year 10 so im cool with that, french is a no no bon bon XD english lang i need to practise the media texts ,geog i need to revise, maths dont even remind me and ict well i will see about that one
Okay so there's about 2 and a half months left until GCSE exams start. Let's all motivate each other and give tips on how to revise etc! Also, ways of relaxing and reducing stress etc! :smile:

This is a really good motivational song that helps me get my head straight when i'm stressed XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk48xRzuNvA&list=PLGg2y2KpVLJ2eHMll5GBQJwuBeJe2ayX-
Reply 5
How I'm mainly revising at the moment is watching revision videos, I think they're really useful because it's step-by-step talking through topics. In terms of motivation, I just want it more for myself than anyone. No one else can do it for me. Then, I want to prove some people wrong lol sounds cliche but yeah, and make my parents proud. It is really stressful but you just need to get your head down before it's too late and up until this week all I've been doing is worrying till my mum said that all the teachers say I have the ability to achieve, so why worry if I know I'm capable?
Just think about results day when you open that brown envelope, and you don't even need to look at the results on the white paper to already know that you got A/A*.
And how will you know that?
Cus you revised night and day... you didn't watch tv, didn't go out, didn't procrastinate on tsr, didn't sleep in the middle of the day, didn't take a 1 hour break from revising cus u were too tired...
then think about the rewards...
the satisfaction of getting the best grades you possibly could, the knowledge that your grades will take you that much closer to getting into that college/ uni/ career you wanted to get into, the happiness you'll feel over not being like one of your friends who's too ashamed of her results to tell anyone, the money/ presents you'll get from friends and family (sorry if this doesn't apply to you),

so work hard now and reap the rewards later
Reply 7

When i did my GCSES i used to watch sport on tv whilst making notes, took all the stress out of it.

Quick Reply

Latest