The Student Room Group

a level help!

i am considering law, whether it be a straight law degree, or a degree first and then a conversion course.

either way, i would like some advice

i am currently choosing my a levels, and have to pick four( i then drop one).

i am deciding between history,english lit, english language, psychology and spanish.

which of the four would you think i should do, or does it not really matter?
Reply 1
If I were in your position I would personally choose History, English Language, Psychology and Spanish. Having done literature myself it was never as much use as the language I did!
Original post by ellawhite4686
i am considering law, whether it be a straight law degree, or a degree first and then a conversion course.

either way, i would like some advice

i am currently choosing my a levels, and have to pick four( i then drop one).

i am deciding between history,english lit, english language, psychology and spanish.

which of the four would you think i should do, or does it not really matter?

I'd say definitely History, English Literature and Spanish; they're all great A levels that are very respected and are common choices for a Law degree :smile: I do the former two at A2 and they're very enjoyable :biggrin: I'll happily answer any questions if needs be :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by digbee
If I were in your position I would personally choose History, English Language, Psychology and Spanish. Having done literature myself it was never as much use as the language I did!

okay thankyou, i have heard that english language is looked down on by some top universities. do you not think this is the case?
Reply 4
Original post by Lucy96
I'd say definitely History, English Literature and Spanish; they're all great A levels that are very respected and are common choices for a Law degree :smile: I do the former two at A2 and they're very enjoyable :biggrin: I'll happily answer any questions if needs be :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thankyou, are you planning to do a degree or not? if so what degree?

i think i will do those three, out of psychology and english language, do you think either one is better to do? possibly psychology to show a slightly different skill?
thankyou, are you planning to do a degree or not? if so what degree?

i think i will do those three, out of psychology and english language, do you think either one is better to do? possibly psychology to show a slightly different skill?

You're welcome :smile: any would be fine though so don't worry if you decide against those 3, take which you feel will be best :biggrin: I'm hopefully studying a combined honours in History and Biology from September :smile:

If I were you, I would go for psychology as it could keep a couple more doors open, and as you said, show different skills :biggrin: either would be perfectly okay though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Lucy96
You're welcome :smile: any would be fine though so don't worry if you decide against those 3, take which you feel will be best :biggrin: I'm hopefully studying a combined honours in History and Biology from September :smile:

If I were you, I would go for psychology as it could keep a couple more doors open, and as you said, show different skills :biggrin: either would be perfectly okay though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thankyou, I'm going to wait until results day to see! i got my mock results back, and was fairly even across the board but essay based subjects were slightly better.

aww that sounds very interesting , good luck, hope it goes well for you!

thanks for your help :smile:
thankyou, I'm going to wait until results day to see! i got my mock results back, and was fairly even across the board but essay based subjects were slightly better.

aww that sounds very interesting , good luck, hope it goes well for you!

thanks for your help :smile:

It's okay :h: That's a good plan :biggrin: you sound like me :teehee:

Thank you very much :biggrin: best of luck with your GCSEs, I'm sure you'll do great :yep:

You're welcome :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Lucy96
It's okay :h: That's a good plan :biggrin: you sound like me :teehee:

Thank you very much :biggrin: best of luck with your GCSEs, I'm sure you'll do great :yep:

You're welcome :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thankyou, hope so!

Quick Reply

Latest