The Student Room Group

not getting overtime anymore

Since ive been at my job i have got called twice asking me to come in for work but on both occasions I missed the call. When I asked the manager for over time he said well you never pick your phone up anyway.

what shall I do to redeem myself ? I've noticed when ever some one is off sick these days , I never get asked to come in when my other colleagues do :frown:
Reply 1
Ah, maybe put yourself forward? ask management, 'Is there any extra shifts going', speak to colleagues and see if they need to swap any days and then tell them to ask the manager to swap them and get your colleague to put you in as a recommendation.

I'm contracted for 10 hours a week but work 5 days a week 10am-930pm as a betting shop manager, the only days i have off are my uni days, but when it gets near Christmas the staffing manager gives all the over time to all of her friends even though I've been busting my nuts the other 11 months. BS.

good luck!
Original post by suby123
Since ive been at my job i have got called twice asking me to come in for work but on both occasions I missed the call. When I asked the manager for over time he said well you never pick your phone up anyway.

what shall I do to redeem myself ? I've noticed when ever some one is off sick these days , I never get asked to come in when my other colleagues do :frown:

Like the other person said, maybe put yourself forward, by for example asking if there are any spare shifts going, or if colleagues have any shifts that need covering, offer to cover them if you can.
Also speak to managers, explain that although you havent answered your phone on a couple of occasions, it wasnt intentional- you genuinely missed the call, and that you would like to be considered for overtime in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending