The Student Room Group

Am I being pressured by my boyfriend?

Me and my boyfriend have been seeing each other for almost 4 months now. We're both 17 and I'm a virgin (he's not).
So yesterday I stayed over the night for the first time and he's mentioned us having sex. A few weeks ago I told him that I want to wait because I'm not ready and he respected that. But now he's kind of putting ideas in my head and saying that he knows I'm ready and that we both are. He told me he loved me for the first time last month... I love him back but we don't have to have sex to show that we love each other. Personally I'm not ready yet, my virginity means a lot to me and I'm just worried that our relationship won't last long when we go to uni in September.
Every time I come round his house we end up doing stuff, and it's always him that makes the move. Sometimes I don't feel like doing stuff but it's like I HAVE to do it. He won't let that go. He messaged me a few weeks ago saying how he's sorry that he always makes us do stuff blah blah blah but he hasn't actually done anything about it. We do stuff anyway.
The only way you can find out why he's doing that is to talk to him honestly. If you don't feel like doing things, tell him. You let him doing what he wants and I guess that's why he's telling you that you're ready.

You do not have to do anything against your will.

Try talking, if it doesn't work, consider your feelings towards him.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my boyfriend have been seeing each other for almost 4 months now. We're both 17 and I'm a virgin (he's not).
So yesterday I stayed over the night for the first time and he's mentioned us having sex. A few weeks ago I told him that I want to wait because I'm not ready and he respected that. But now he's kind of putting ideas in my head and saying that he knows I'm ready and that we both are. He told me he loved me for the first time last month... I love him back but we don't have to have sex to show that we love each other. Personally I'm not ready yet, my virginity means a lot to me and I'm just worried that our relationship won't last long when we go to uni in September.
Every time I come round his house we end up doing stuff, and it's always him that makes the move. Sometimes I don't feel like doing stuff but it's like I HAVE to do it. He won't let that go. He messaged me a few weeks ago saying how he's sorry that he always makes us do stuff blah blah blah but he hasn't actually done anything about it. We do stuff anyway.

I don't know maybe just tell him to tone it down a bit? But I respect where he's probably coming from in that I'd want to have sex with my gf. Is losing your virginity really that big a deal, especially considering that you're in a relationship?
Original post by Tom78
I don't know maybe just tell him to tone it down a bit? But I respect where he's probably coming from in that I'd want to have sex with my gf. Is losing your virginity really that big a deal, especially considering that you're in a relationship?

It's always a big deal, if you have some self-respect.
Reply 4
Original post by greentomato0
It's always a big deal, if you have some self-respect.

Self-respect? And you're assuming most people lose it in a field dogging or something?
Original post by Tom78
Self-respect? And you're assuming most people lose it in a field dogging or something?

No, I'm assuming that if the girl is a virgin and she's not sure, it is a big deal for her. Especially, if the boy is too pushy.
Self-respect means that she decides and for every person first time is somehow important.
You say you love him, and then say you don't think you'll last long when you go to uni? Something not quite right there. If you love someone, genuinely, going to uni shouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

EDIT: Should probably add, don't have sex if you don't want to. You only get one virginity and when you know it's right, you'll know.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
You say you love him, and then say you don't think you'll last long when you go to uni? Something not quite right there. If you love someone, genuinely, going to uni shouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

Agreed tbh op if you don't want to do anything tell him
Original post by Anonymous

I'm kind of amazed its lasted 4 months. Whatever you do, don't let him pressure you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending