theJdog
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Have you guys made your revision timetables yet? If so, post it on here! I'll try posting mine, when I've started it And do they help you?
Paralove
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I really need to make one. I think it may actually make me do revision!!! Right now I just do my homework and use the "exams are months away!" excuse to myself....
theJdog
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Paralove)
I really need to make one. I think it may actually make me do revision!!! Right now I just do my homework and use the "exams are months away!" excuse to myself....
Lol same here, though now i need to start pulling my weight
ChocoholicCox
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I do revision whenever i have free time tbh I had a revision timetable for GCSE but little things got in the way so gave up :P
Qtj987
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Timetables never work for me. So I don't make em.
thebozmeister
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I literally just made my revision timetable but I don't know if it's enough! I do History, English lit, Politics, Philosophy:
MONDAY: 2 hours history
TUESDAY: 2 hours politics
WEDNESDAY: 2 hours philosophy
THURSDAY: 2 hours literature
Friday, Sat, Sun: do any homework and get that out of the way!

I hope that'll be enough to go through everything in detail by the time exams come... Oh and I recommend writing your timetable up and putting it somewhere you can always see it - it'll make you do it!
Choppie
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by thebozmeister)
I literally just made my revision timetable but I don't know if it's enough! I do History, English lit, Politics, Philosophy:

I hope that'll be enough to go through everything in detail by the time exams come... Oh and I recommend writing your timetable up and putting it somewhere you can always see it - it'll make you do it!
Two hours per subject per week seems a little light - especially when you get close to the exams. My college recommends doing 15 hours per subject per week when outside of class.
Dilzo999
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by thebozmeister)

I do about 6 hours a week for each of my subjects (I have 3). Although I have a lot of free time for example on Tuesday I have only 2 lessons in the morning and most of the time I have no period 5. I also get homework, but I allocate about an hour in the night for next days homework, and I recommend not wasting the Friday and Saturday doing just homework.
jjmichaeljadson
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi all, my AS Level exams are just under 12 weeks away and I'm determined to start revision ASAP. I am doing Economics, Modern History, English Literature and Classical Civilisation. How do I approach this? My main concern is that I've got to be revising recent material too while revising old material combined with working on exam technique. I reckon I can go over all my revision at least twice if not 3 times by the time exams come round. I also know that the most effective revision is when you revise a topic, leave it for a day and then come back, wait again for a week and then come back to it again. How do I balance this method between all of my subjects? Or do I have the wrong idea about approaching this? I'm so confused. Please help!
thebozmeister
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Choppie)
My college recommends doing 15 hours per subject per week when outside of class.
15 hours is way too much! I do think you're right though, I might add a couple of hours onto each subject... But then I have absolutely no free time!
Polkadot2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have made mine - not sure how I would post it though as it is printed out. But yes find it really helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.34%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.17%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (121)
37.46%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.62%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.41%

Watched Threads