The Student Room Group

Revising for Physics A-level

Hi, does anyone have any advice on revision for physics?
Just wondering what works for you as I'd like to try out some new revision techniques :smile:
Thanks
Reply 1
what are you realistically aiming for? i actually am retaking physics after getting a B last year. I'm on AQA. its just pure knowledge and be adept at maths. read read read. loads of practice questions. make sure you understand the stuff. the 'i dont get it but will memorise an answer' method isnt good enough. as questions phrased differently need slightly different answers. also with physics marks are sometimes given for including a special word or phrase in your explanation, so know what these are.

good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Hoosierette
Hi, does anyone have any advice on revision for physics?
Just wondering what works for you as I'd like to try out some new revision techniques :smile:
Thanks

watch all the "dr physics A" videos on youtube!!!! - he has them on virtually every a level physics topic and they r awesome!!
also, get the cgp book, do as many past papers as poassible and memorise answers to popular exam questions!!!
good luck! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by cem101
what are you realistically aiming for? i actually am retaking physics after getting a B last year. I'm on AQA. its just pure knowledge and be adept at maths. read read read. loads of practice questions. make sure you understand the stuff. the 'i dont get it but will memorise an answer' method isnt good enough. as questions phrased differently need slightly different answers. also with physics marks are sometimes given for including a special word or phrase in your explanation, so know what these are.

good luck :smile:

Thank you :smile: I am aiming for an A :smile: I'm doing Physics B on AQA, is that what you're doing? I just find that the exam questions are all worded weirdly which makes it hard because I understand the topics :/
Reply 4
Original post by Hoosierette
Thank you :smile: I am aiming for an A :smile: I'm doing Physics B on AQA, is that what you're doing? I just find that the exam questions are all worded weirdly which makes it hard because I understand the topics :/

I'm doing Physics A not B. I dont know the difference so cant help much. sorry man. but yes exam questions are sometimes hard to understand what they want from you.
Reply 5
Original post by cem101
I'm doing Physics A not B. I dont know the difference so cant help much. sorry man. but yes exam questions are sometimes hard to understand what they want from you.

I think my course is more applied than yours :/ meh. Thanks for helping anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest