The Student Room Group

Trig Functions

20140221_170543.jpg
Can anybody help me with these questions?
I would appreciate if you could show me how to tackle some of the questions as I'm absolutely clueless :redface:
Original post by Kosovaa
20140221_170543.jpg
Can anybody help me with these questions?
I would appreciate if you could show me how to tackle some of the questions as I'm absolutely clueless :redface:

For part 3, take inverse function, find all values in range and then rearrange for x

For part 4, solve like a regular quadratic by substitution and then find all values in range or factorise for some of the other ones
Reply 2
Original post by majmuh24
For part 3, take inverse function, find all values in range and then rearrange for x

For part 4, solve like a regular quadratic by substitution and then find all values in range or factorise for some of the other ones

Sure you don't want to go for L'Hopital? :wink:
Original post by Tom777

This isn't a limit (I would definitely suggest it for trig limits though :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4

Would you mind doing 3E and 3D please?
Reply 5
This isn't a limit though (I would definitely suggest it for trig limits though :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, I was being facetious haha. :tongue:
Original post by Kosovaa
Would you mind doing 3E and 3D please?

3e

Unparseable latex formula:

\begin{aligned}[br](\theta + 23) &= tan^{-1} (-8)[br](\theta + 23) &= -82.87 \; degrees[br]

Use the period of the tan graph to find the other values in the range and then rearrange for theta.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Tom777

:wink:
Reply 8
The OP needs go back to the basics of solving trig functions and the trig quadrant. Doing his homework isn't helping him !

Quick Reply

Latest