Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Ask a Brunel Student Thread - AMA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by lucassarmento
Hello =)

Im applying for Computer Science. Do you have any idea of how intensive the course is? or any idea of how the timetable usually looks like?

Also Im very doubtful about which hall to choose... En suite or normal?! If it was en suite, I was considering Bishop complex. For a normal, Clifton Hall because it is only two-minute walk from gym/sports centre haha.

Also, what do you know about parking? How much cost to apply for the 'out of hours" parking permit? I need to keep my car with me because I need to commute to watford to work :/

I think tis more cwk intensive, rather than actual exam based, so I suppose its more cwk based, I think you have to program a robot or something. Ens utie is better if its just because you wait to access the gym (like me) i live in mill hlal the furthest away en suite, i can walk to the gym in like 2 minutes, bishop is literally 30 seconds away... regarding parking apparently people are saying you can have accommodation and have a parking license to park within brunel, most parking are for teachers anyway, some friends i Know park near the university and walk to the car

as for halsl imo bishop/lanc best for freshers
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Hello =)

Im applying for Computer Science. Do you have any idea of how intensive the course is? or any idea of how the timetable usually looks like?

Also Im very doubtful about which hall to choose... En suite or normal?! If it was en suite, I was considering Bishop complex. For a normal, Clifton Hall because it is only two-minute walk from gym/sports centre haha.

Also, what do you know about parking? How much cost to apply for the 'out of hours" parking permit? I need to keep my car with me because I need to commute to watford to work :/

Not at Brunel but I've found this:
http://www.brunel.ac.uk/about/campus/directions/car-parking/student-parking-conditions-summary

You can't apply for a permit unless you live more than 2 miles away or you are disabled. Pay and display is 50p an hour.
Original post by jelly1000
Not at Brunel but I've found this:
http://www.brunel.ac.uk/about/campus/directions/car-parking/student-parking-conditions-summary

You can't apply for a permit unless you live more than 2 miles away or you are disabled. Pay and display is 50p an hour.

Thanks, the link really helped =) I think I will have to push my luck and pay and display everyday lol
Thanks, the link really helped =) I think I will have to push my luck and pay and display everyday lol

Good luck, make sure you can afford it!
Reply 64
Original post by sammyjames
I live in Faraday! and i study Law. I chose Faraday literally a couple of weeks before coming and I did not look at it before hand. It could be better! but everyone does say they have the biggest rooms, only down side is that there are no lifts (and i live on the top floor) haha which can be an issue.. esp with moving in and out. Other than that Faraday has been pretty good! xx

Not to sound picky but are the bathrooms okay? Haha. Ah yeah despite that it's not as modern as the others I'd prefer a bigger room!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Hello.
So I applied for a course at Brunel and put it as my firm choice however I want to change it to another course through clearing. The requirements for the course is ABB however I believe I will get BBC. Will they accept me?
Reply 66
Hi!
I have been given a conditional offer and I have to pass IELTS (6.5 in each section). I am considering taking Brunel ELT instead and I was wondering if you could help me to decide what to do to achieve the best results. Did you take Brunel ELT or know anyone who did the exam? Do you know anything about IELTS and Brunel ELT that could help me? Would you consider IELTS more difficult than Brunel ELT? What would you recommend to prepare for the test? :smile:
im applied for that, is there a way i can contact you to discuss about certain issues plz?
Hey please what hall in isambard complex is the best to stay? Nice Flatmates? Clean? and Party going people
Original post by Diwani
Hello.
So I applied for a course at Brunel and put it as my firm choice however I want to change it to another course through clearing. The requirements for the course is ABB however I believe I will get BBC. Will they accept me?

AFAIK Brunel are pretty lenient. Give them a ring on results day.

Original post by nathanobrutse
Hey please what hall in isambard complex is the best to stay? Nice Flatmates? Clean? and Party going people

AFAIK (again) Isambard is where the postgrads live. They are a bit less likely to be party goers. Bishops, Lancaster, Faraday and Che(a)pstow/Saltash is where most of the parties take place.
How long is the academic year ? :colondollar:like when do we start university and when do we take our vacations ?
Also, is it recommended to stay in the dorms first year ? or is it fine to stay at my home near brunel? Oh one more thing, do all undergrad students stay for summer term?
Hey, are Brunel lenient with entry requirements on results day?
Original post by Perisherif
How long is the academic year ? :colondollar:like when do we start university and when do we take our vacations ?

Last year:
Start 16th Sep (Freshers week, lessons started 23rd)
Christmas Break 16th Dec - 3rd Jan
Easter Break: 2nd April - 22nd April
Exams: 28th April - 16 May
Halls contract expiration: 31 May
Reply 74
Hi,

Is it easy to find parking on campus or around the univeristy?

Thanks
Reply 75
Original post by amurday
Hi,

Is it easy to find parking on campus or around the univeristy?

Thanks

Around the university yes, in uni peak places its mostly staff/teachers parking, rarely any spot available, but the short term car park or w.e its called has places i think, i dont really know too much
Reply 76
Original post by Amir King Khan
Hey, are Brunel lenient with entry requirements on results day?

To some what it depends on what course you are studying etc, like for example a girl i know who does engineering got lower than the requirements and got it, even though some boys got higher - because higher male to female ratio..
also depends on if course is over subbed like business management etc/ if u do not get bbb or whatever they want, because so many people apply your screwed, like 2 days remaining till results day relax
Reply 77
Original post by Perisherif
Also, is it recommended to stay in the dorms first year ? or is it fine to stay at my home near brunel? Oh one more thing, do all undergrad students stay for summer term?

Yes its very recommended not only it is just easier, its important to make friends on campus imo, I would say get campus accommodation if you dont like it you can always leave, good life as well to experience imo foundation to life.

summer - most people either do work experience or go on holiday with mates
or do what i did sit at home and bang out netflix :-), only international students stay on campus during summer, most people i know left
Reply 78
Original post by nathanobrutse

Fresher - lancaster/bishops/faraday/mill that order imho

isambard is mostly postgrades/secondyears/ a few freshers, if your not a party person and really reserved and quiet this may be the place to go.. however you might not evne be with freshers do not suggest.
Reply 79
Original post by Diwani
Hello.

- read above

depends on course, how many people are applying for it
male to female ratio
its not just as easy as i have been hearing some stupid rumour "if you put brunel as firm you can get it with lower grades" is B/S, they just ask for higher grades so they bring the uni up the charts

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending