The Student Room Group

Uk uni application fee status

Hi,

I am a British citizen who lived in London till the end of year 11 then had to move to Egypt. I'm now in second year medicine here. If I were to to back to uni in the UK, would they consider me an international student or a home student? I've been in Egypt for almost three years now but we had to leave London because my mother got temporarily employed here. We don't own property in the UK,we were renting while we were there but we still have our open bank accounts there.

Any help would be very much appreciated if anyone knows anything on this.

Thanks for your help in advance. :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by bsblitter
x

No expert, but do have a couple of British/EU friends who attend uni in the UK atm but was overseas for a long time. One dude pays full intl fees even though he's got British citizenship by birth, because his parents had migrated to Hong Kong, and they had no ties to the UK, and did not contribute tax-wise as they weren't residents of UK anymore. Another friend, had been living in Malaysia for 5 years, but his dad was despatched by a UK firm, and was under UK contract, and hence is considered for home fees. Another one, is EU, but his dad kept real estate in Italy, and somehow meant that he was eligible for home fees even though he was working under a Malaysian company. It's essentially whether you and your parents were resident for tax purposes if I'm not mistaken, for 3 years prior to you attending uni, AFAIK.

(please do let me know if I'm wrong, so that I may edit/delete this should need be)
Reply 2
Original post by hslakaal
No expert, but do have a couple of British/EU friends who attend uni in the UK atm but was overseas for a long time. One dude pays full intl fees even though he's got British citizenship by birth, because his parents had migrated to Hong Kong, and they had no ties to the UK, and did not contribute tax-wise as they weren't residents of UK anymore. Another friend, had been living in Malaysia for 5 years, but his dad was despatched by a UK firm, and was under UK contract, and hence is considered for home fees. Another one, is EU, but his dad kept real estate in Italy, and somehow meant that he was eligible for home fees even though he was working under a Malaysian company. It's essentially whether you and your parents were resident for tax purposes if I'm not mistaken, for 3 years prior to you attending uni, AFAIK.

(please do let me know if I'm wrong, so that I may edit/delete this should need be)

Thanks for that. I'm not so sure, I'm still researching the matter but thank you so much for that. I was wondering whether you know of any medical schools in the uk that accept transfers. I hope u can help.

Thanks anyway.
Reply 3
Original post by bsblitter
Thanks for that. I'm not so sure, I'm still researching the matter but thank you so much for that. I was wondering whether you know of any medical schools in the uk that accept transfers. I hope u can help.

Thanks anyway.

none, except very special circumstances.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending