preparing for A level exams in 2 months

Watch
muf_mur
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
hi,
i have to do 15 exams(9 A2 exams and 6 AS resits) and right now i have not started revision nor have i understood the stuff properly...i know a better decision would be to wait for one more year and give some of my exams then but just the thought of waiting for so much time and seeing my friends go to uni and being stuck at home for one whole year is just too depressing. is it possible for me to get my A's in all 15 units with the time i have(i.e 2months)? how many hours should i study?what study plan do you recommend?
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by muf_mur)
hi,
i have to do 15 exams(9 A2 exams and 6 AS resits) and right now i have not started revision nor have i understood the stuff properly...i know a better decision would be to wait for one more year and give some of my exams then but just the thought of waiting for so much time and seeing my friends go to uni and being stuck at home for one whole year is just too depressing. is it possible for me to get my A's in all 15 units with the time i have(i.e 2months)? how many hours should i study?what study plan do you recommend?
You have left it late but you should never be too pessimistic, my first instinct would be to get a hold of all the specifications of your subjects, because they make A-Levels far easier, and begin making notes on all these things slowly out of textbooks and revision guides. Ticking things off as you go along, at the end of each chapter do questions if arts a practice essay or two (exam style) get a teacher to mark and compare to notes see how you can improve. If science exam questions again critical, study the mark schemes and read examiners reports. Finally in a month or so start doing the full past paper under timed conditions, mark them and point out weaknesses, work on those and continue as before. It has to be cyclic and regular, in terms of time it is very difficult, I would say as a guideline however aim for a minimum of 8 on non-school days. I say this because it's important to recognise it won't come v easily and will need a decent bit of work. On school days maybe 3-4 would be okay.
Amethysst
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
2 Months is no way late, dont be silly!
I'm planning to start in March
you definitely have more than enough time, this forum is definitely the minority when it comes to the time they spend revising and talking about it LOL
most people i know who get A's at AS and A2, do about 5/6 weeks
MidnightDream
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's a bit on the late side but I wouldn't say it's completely impossible. Try working through topic by topic and doing practise questions. Also you need to spend the time you have left wisely - good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
muf_mur
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
thanks guys
attaullahkhan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
thanks this helped ,
one more thing my situation is more or less like him , but i have almost covered my A2 phy and Chem but maths p3 and S1 remains i have been unfortunately busy in some domestic issues, i have AS to revise , any tips or motivation that can help me in last 2 months.
manlike99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Out of interest did you get your As?
mo-shay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
lol, if if february is late, what is April, I'm in Year 13 and only started the other day and I'm doing 4 A-levels. I definitely left it too late.

#ihatemechanics
angel ali
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i am stressed and i am doing commerce.one more month to go and what should i do now?plz someone help me
QWE213
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If anyone is new here just keep doing past papers because 2 months is nothing you should be revising from the start of year 13
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (53)
29.28%
No - I have already returned home (23)
12.71%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (42)
23.2%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (16)
8.84%
No - I live at home during term anyway (47)
25.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise