The Student Room Group

GCSE results good enough?

Are me GCSEs good enough for enigneering at cambridge,imperial etc.

Maths A*
Physics A*
Chemistry A*
Biology A*
English B
German B
History C
Photograph B
Business Studies B

My A level choices are Maths,further Maths Physics and Economics

Thanks
Reply 1
Well you've "qualified" for your A-Levels, just get the A*s in them and you'll be alright.
Reply 2
Yes
Reply 3
Original post by gavss

Maths A*
Physics A*
Chemistry A*
Biology A*
English B
German B
History C
Photograph B
Business Studies B

Thanks

to be fair, I haven't applied for those higher rep unis but I don't see how they can turn you down with A*s in sciences and maths! If you do well enough in A levels, they'll see you're more than capable and go off your A level grades. If you get A* in all your A levels, I don't think Bs and Cs in GCSE will matter. Hopefully!
Original post by zoedx
to be fair, I haven't applied for those higher rep unis but I don't see how they can turn you down with A*s in sciences and maths! If you do well enough in A levels, they'll see you're more than capable and go off your A level grades. If you get A* in all your A levels, I don't think Bs and Cs in GCSE will matter. Hopefully!

I agree.
Those are really, really good GCSE results :smile: I don't see how they would stop you getting into Imperial etc as they show you are very much capable of getting A's etc in A level - good luck and well done :smile:
Original post by gavss

Maths A*
Physics A*
Chemistry A*
Biology A*
English B
German B
History C
Photograph B
Business Studies B

Thanks

These are really quite impressive! You especially seem to be awesome in maths and the sciences - hence your A-level choices appear to be appropriate. You are on the right track, now for the hardest task... stay on the right track when it comes to doing your A-levels as they are much more harder! :cool:
They're fine :cool:. Just do well in your A-levels. It's also significant that you've got A*s in the subjects you're doing at AS, so you should succeed in them.
Reply 8
You should be okay results-wise if you get high AS/A-levels and stay away from Oxford. Apparently they love their GCSEs.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest