Internal Exclusion? Isolation? Suspension? Permanent records?

Watch
EffectRoyal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Recently, I've been punished with an internal exclusion(isolation/suspension for one day).
Internal Exclusion is a punishment during the school day, where you sit and do work given by teachers separated from other children - usually you do it a head office or an exclusion room.

I got the internal exclusion for stealing a cookie from the school canteen.

I've been wondering whether or not this would affect me later in life when applying for universities or jobs. Would they ever know if I got the exclusion? It goes on your school permanent record, does that even mean anything? What the consequences of the exclusion except for spending the whole day in a cold room?

A friend told me that it doesn't say why you got internally excluded though -assuming you get some behaviour report when you leave school. If that's true it doesn't make it look that bad as people got internal exclusions for selling sweets/swearing,name calling/bring fun snaps to school.

I know that later on, my headteacher has to write a reference to the university - would he mention it if it is a one off? I'm in Year 9 and been achieving good grades throughout the years, predicted to get 3A* 3A 2B.

They said I only got an internal exclusion is because there is nothing like this on your record.

Thanks for helping,

effectroyal.
justanothertechie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I wouldn't worry too much. Yes, it will be on your school record which is usually available to the institution you go to after you leave Year 11 or Sixth Form, so your uni or employer.

Normally the records just say the number of offences, not why you were given them. So, for example, they might see that you've had one internal exclusion but no other detentions etc.

It isn't going to have a huge detrimental effect on your life - it certainly shouldn't hold you back from getting any job!
Its_Tito
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I had a similar issue, stole a bacon roll from the school canteen in year 7 (I am now in year 10). I received the same sanction. Although it does go on your record, this does not mean the future people with whom you interact will know the reason, they simply now the outcome. Do not focus on it too much, just try not to get many punishments in future as it can tarnish your teachers' views on you.
username3885888
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I, in general enjoy isolation, but once in year 11, I lost some work, and in the iso room I have my own little booth, so I went looking, and got charged with espionage and got 2 weeks, but then in the iso room, in my cell, there is a desk, with side walls that are celling high, and in front of the desk a wall with your number. So I slipped my heavy military shoes of before I entered the booth and got told to put them on, and frankly could not be bothered so hid them, and then when it was toilet time, I went out on my socks. And got another two weeks. But at least they let me remove the shoes in private from then on
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.82%
No (501)
66.18%

Watched Threads