The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Right, I am getting together my wider reading (A2 AQA A, Love Through the Ages) and I have no idea how to write about form?

For example, Dracula (Stoker) is written in a epistolary form and then you have The Winter of Our Discontent (Steinbeck) written in 1st person narrative... So I've identified the form (if I have correctly)... What happens next? Would I have have to compare how my wider reading quotes shape the form (using the date from a Jonathan's diary confessing his love for Mina), and 1st person narrative (Ethan confessing his love for his wife, Mary) or just write about how the two prose view their ideas of love through the usage of an epistolary form and 1st person narrative form?

So basically I'd say: "Stoker uses the epistolary form throughout Dracula to.... in the diary of Jonathan Harker, he confesses [insert quote here] (his love for wife). On the other hand in this extract uses.... and in Winter of Our Discontent uses 1st person to illustrate the love of [insert quote here].

Which one would be more easier/better write in?
rocket0612
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Renember jusr identifying the pov in which something is told wont get u extra marks really, look at why they are told in the way they are ... What effect does this have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (9)
15.25%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (14)
23.73%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (4)
6.78%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (8)
13.56%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (4)
6.78%
I think it's an unfair expectation (18)
30.51%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
3.39%

Watched Threads