The Student Room Group

2014 Fantasy F1 league thread

Scroll to see replies

I never really do these because I always forget. However, this year I'll give it a go!

TSR Username: mikeyd85
Fantasy F1 Team Name: MikeyD GP
Opt in for Weekly quote: Yes

I have an original team name. I feel I have 2 good cars and 2 good drivers. 3rd option for both are gambles.
Reply 21
I'm in!

Quote list didn't work, at least not for me anyway...

6 safety cars seems a bit conservative, may up that to 8 before the race.

TSR Username: dhr90
Fantasy F1 Team Name: BRG Racing
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by mikeyd85
I never really do these because I always forget. However, this year I'll give it a go!

TSR Username: mikeyd85
Fantasy F1 Team Name: MikeyD GP

I have an original team name. I feel I have 2 good cars and 2 good drivers. 3rd option for both are gambles.

Yea but you won't be able to forget this year. Get the app as well then you'll have it on your phone so easy to do.

It's a bargain for only 69p.

Original post by dhr90
I'm in!

Quote list didn't work, at least not for me anyway...

6 safety cars seems a bit conservative, may up that to 8 before the race.

TSR Username: dhr90
Fantasy F1 Team Name: BRG Racing

Trying the quote list again at this post.

I will see how the FP sessions work out to see if i want to change my SC prediction.

Aus is fairly easy to clear broken down cars from mechanical problems though if people park sensibly so it won't be too bad.

Quote list

Can anyone confirm if this worked?
Original post by Motorbiker
Yea but you won't be able to forget this year. Get the app as well then you'll have it on your phone so easy to do.

I will see how the FP sessions work out to see if i want to change my SC prediction.

Aus is fairly easy to clear broken down cars from mechanical problems though if people park sensibly so it won't be too bad.

Quote list

yep it worked for me at least :smile:
Reply 24
worked for me too

Quote list

Works as well as those Mercedes powered cards.
Good job mate.
Reply 26

Quote list

Worked this time.

I will most likely (if I remember) change my team/predictions after FP3. It does feel like Aus has more safety cars than other circuits though. If they haven't got the cars reliable by Monaco though, Badger may need to up the maximum number of safety cars :biggrin:
They will only need 1 safety car in Monaco, for the massive 1st corner pile up!

That's if F1 2013 is a realisitic game.
Original post by Alex17595
They will only need 1 safety car in Monaco, for the massive 1st corner pile up!

That's if F1 2013 is a realisitic game.

Never happens in real life :nope:

Spoiler

Reply 29
x

Both quotes worked thanks a lot :smile:

Hasn't been on TSR in ages and almost forgot about fantasy F1 :tongue:

TSR Username: Fshakeey
Fantasy F1 Team Name: Blaze Racing

Back for round two after a decent maiden season :yep:
Reply 30
Original post by dan94adibi
Works as well as those Mercedes powered cards.
Good job mate.

Awesome. Good to know.

Will ramp up the publicity nearer Aus and get a pod up to get a bigger crowd in.

Original post by dhr90
Worked this time.

I will most likely (if I remember) change my team/predictions after FP3. It does feel like Aus has more safety cars than other circuits though. If they haven't got the cars reliable by Monaco though, Badger may need to up the maximum number of safety cars :biggrin:

Tbh i reckon the first race is going to be won on reliability so going for the Merc powered cars is definitely the way to go.

I am thinking that with engine problems causing overheating it will be gradual enough for the cars to park sensibly.

Original post by F_shakeey
Both quotes worked thanks a lot :smile:

Hasn't been on TSR in ages and almost forgot about fantasy F1 :tongue:

Back for round two after a decent maiden season :yep:

Well if you only need one reason to stick around then this can be it.

I reckon this year could be even better than last year. It's a bit mroe of a mix up than Vettel pole/win every race.

It'll be Hamilton Pole/win every race. :biggrin:
TSR username: legen-daryklutz
Team name: RideOrDie44
Opt in weekly quote: Yes

I have been literally counting down the days! Bring on Melbourne and 2014 :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
TSR Username: calla_lily
Fantasy F1 Team Name: Flash Forward (Same as last year but this time I remembered the r in forward!)
Reply 33
TSR Username: Oziris
Fantasy F1 Team Name: Oziris Racing
Username: PrinceVultan
Team name: From Marussia With Love

opt in quote thing: yes please.

Hoping for not last. Anything more than that is a bonus.
Reply 35
Original post by calla_lily
TSR Username: calla_lily
Fantasy F1 Team Name: Flash Forward (Same as last year but this time I remembered the r in forward!)

Good work. Makes a lot more sense this year.

Original post by Oziris
TSR Username: Oziris
Fantasy F1 Team Name: Oziris Racing

Went for the standard name I see then. :wink:

Original post by Prince Vultan
Username: PrinceVultan
Team name: From Marussia With Love

opt in quote thing: yes please.

Hoping for not last. Anything more than that is a bonus.

Well judging by your username..... :wink:

Unless you bought marussia to save money and then have Mercedes and both their drivers. That could be an interesting tactic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36

Well if you only need one reason to stick around then this can be it.

I reckon this year could be even better than last year. It's a bit mroe of a mix up than Vettel pole/win every race.

It'll be Hamilton Pole/win every race. :biggrin:

Yeah will probably only come on tsr to see what people are saying in the race threads :tongue:

Means less certainty of some points unlike last year, will be watching the practice sessions and seeing how well they're doing on each track.

Let's hope not! :tongue:

Ferrari :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by F_shakeey
Yeah will probably only come on tsr to see what people are saying in the race threads :tongue:

Means less certainty of some points unlike last year, will be watching the practice sessions and seeing how well they're doing on each track.

Let's hope not! :tongue:

Ferrari :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good to know the motorsport section is that awesome you come back just for it. :smile:

Ya but everyone else will also have the less certain Vettel pole points so it works out the same.

Williams look good tbh as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Good to know the motorsport section is that awesome you come back just for it. :smile:

Ya but everyone else will also have the less certain Vettel pole points so it works out the same.

Williams look good tbh as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nobody I know is really into F1 so you the TSR section is the only place I can really discuss it :tongue:

Hmm that's true although I know some people went for Hamilton a few times.

They look very reliable, stuck between them and Mclaren. Will decide on Friday/Saturday.
Yes mate
Spiced up weekends last year; the ones towards the end definitely needed spicing up.
Good to see they've reduced the predictions points, as it felt it was not about your team as much in previous seasons.

TSR Username : AntiMonarchist
Fantasy F1 Team Name : Schumacher get well soon
Opt in for Weekly quote : Yes

Quick Reply

Latest