The Student Room Group

Is there hope for me?

Hi everyone!

Sorry to bother you again but one more thing. I had a good platonic friend at the beginning of the school year who I really liked, but the friendship went downhill when I asked her out. I was lucky because she said yes but another friend of mine spread a rumour about the two of us. I felt the need to apologise for this but not matter how much I tried to talk to her or apologise, she just kept on ignoring me. I tried talking to her sister and she thinks I was trying way too hard to maintain the friendship, which I still am, as I am still buying her gifts. You'd be thinking that this is very stupid of me and it is, because every attempt I make at being nice, she doesn't seem to appreciate. She can be nice but she doesn't seem to care about me anymore. Her sister has been very nice to me but I'm worried that I'm annoying her too. I can't help myself. She's very beautiful and caring and always ready to help but firstly, how do I be more interesting so I can maintain my friendship with the sister? Also, I've tried to be smarter so that the girl I initially had a crush on would like me again although that hasn't really worked because my revision technique is terrible. How do I save my friendship with this girl (and improve my revision technique)?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sorry. It's a bit long

Posted from TSR Mobile
Get in there with her sister lad!
Reply 3
I can't. She's a year older than me and she'll be off to university. I need to sort my own academics out first. She has a boyfriend. Besides it's her sister I'd like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Archurus23
Hi everyone!

Sorry to bother you again but one more thing. I had a good platonic friend at the beginning of the school year who I really liked, but the friendship went downhill when I asked her out. I was lucky because she said yes but another friend of mine spread a rumour about the two of us. I felt the need to apologise for this but not matter how much I tried to talk to her or apologise, she just kept on ignoring me. I tried talking to her sister and she thinks I was trying way too hard to maintain the friendship, which I still am, as I am still buying her gifts. You'd be thinking that this is very stupid of me and it is, because every attempt I make at being nice, she doesn't seem to appreciate. She can be nice but she doesn't seem to care about me anymore. Her sister has been very nice to me but I'm worried that I'm annoying her too. I can't help myself. She's very beautiful and caring and always ready to help but firstly, how do I be more interesting so I can maintain my friendship with the sister? Also, I've tried to be smarter so that the girl I initially had a crush on would like me again although that hasn't really worked because my revision technique is terrible. How do I save my friendship with this girl (and improve my revision technique)?

maybe you should save your dignity??
Reply 5
The cruelty and petulance of young women. You see this time and again, I've been through it, being ignored by a so called 'friend' for no real or fair reason; you're in the wrong for trying too hard, but it kills not to try.

The best advice I can give is to force yourself to give her a ton of space, leave her alone for a while and perhaps she'll be alright again given a bit of time. Don't force it, don't try too hard, don't show your feelings.

Honestly, women are like kegs of gunpowder.
Reply 6
Yeah this... This doesn't look like it can ever be salvaged.

I'm sorry.
Reply 7
Sorry. It's a bit long

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what he said :excited:
Reply 8
Reply 9
Original post by Another
Yeah this... This doesn't look like it can ever be salvaged.

I'm sorry.

I did ask if I could save at least one of the two friendships

Posted from TSR Mobile
My god, MOVE ON!
Reply 11
I don't think revising more efficiently will make someone like you more/again... :s-smilie:

This girl doesn't sound like she's worth your efforts either.
Reply 12
Reply 13
I did ask if I could save at least one of the two friendships

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly? I don't think either of them can.
If a friendship doesn't happen naturally or even passively by this point, it's probably never meant to be. You're not meant to put in extra effort to be friends with someone.
Reply 14
Thank you. Well the sister is very kind. But I'm quite a boring person. There's more to just liking me for who I am and I don't want to lose her

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
**** her right off. lesson learned. remember for next time.
Reply 16
Original post by dbcampbell
**** her right off. lesson learned. remember for next time.

Thanks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cba reading that
Reply 18
Original post by Ribbit1234
Cba reading that

Why **** post then.

To the OP.

Some things just have to be forgotten or left alone for awhile. It's difficult but sometimes the harder you try the worse it gets.. which yes, i understand is the reason you posted here.

Place yourself 1 month, 3 months or 6 months down the line. If things continue the way they're going, where do you see yourself?

It was the loss of dignity that got you here, so you need to restore that in yourself first. Trying to hard is a sign of desperation, the arch opposite of dignity.
Reply 19

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending