The Student Room Group

How to revise for essay subjects

I've been snooping on here for a while now, and one thing I've noticed is that a lot of study tips seem to be directed at science/maths subjects. I was just wondering if anyone who did essay subjects for A level could give me any tips on how to revise them? I'm currently doing Economics, Psychology, History and Religious Studies.
Original post by hannah697
I've been snooping on here for a while now, and one thing I've noticed is that a lot of study tips seem to be directed at science/maths subjects. I was just wondering if anyone who did essay subjects for A level could give me any tips on how to revise them? I'm currently doing Economics, Psychology, History and Religious Studies.

Hello, I'm currently doing A level history and psychology out of your subjects. I would say, do lots of practice exam questions as that way you will be better at the technique of how to answer the question. Having good technique will help you get the top grades. In addition, I would plan an answer to every possible question so you are prepared. Make mindmaps, revision cards etc. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by girlygiggle
Hello, I'm currently doing A level history and psychology out of your subjects. I would say, do lots of practice exam questions as that way you will be better at the technique of how to answer the question. Having good technique will help you get the top grades. In addition, I would plan an answer to every possible question so you are prepared. Make mindmaps, revision cards etc. Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you! do you do notes then practise questions or just go straight to the questions?
Thank you! do you do notes then practise questions or just go straight to the questions?

Both if that makes sense. It depends, sometimes I do notes then the plan, and sometimes the other way round and you're welcome :smile:

With history, I actually don't practice full essays. I'll make notes until I remember them, then I'll write down every question that's come up and simply bullet point what I'd include under each one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending