The Student Room Group

Animal Science at Nottingham or Animal Behaviour and Welfare at Bristol??

Hi everyone! I've got offers from both these courses and unis and I'm stuck at which to choose. I thought that Bristol was the one for me after the first open days I went to last year but I've just been to Nottinghams post-offer visit day and I really REALLY loved it! I've got the post-offer visit day at Bristol still to do so I should have a clearer picture then but in the meantime I would appreciate the opinions of current students at each and other people in my position.
Hi, I don't study either of those specific courses, but I do study animal behaviour and welfare at a different uni.

I've just had a look at both courses online, and I think the course content looks fairly differen. The Nottingham course doesn't really go into behaviour much at all, while the Bristol course doesn't cover nutrition much (which is covered on my course and provides lots of career options). The Nottingham course seems to have a heavy biology/biochemistry element, while the Bristol course looks a bit lighter on this. I would say if you're really interested in behaviour and want to work in this area, then the Bristol course would probably be better. The course at Nottingham might give you wider employment options, though.

I think it depends a lot on what your interests are, and where you might like to go with your career, or if you want to go into research, what you would like to research.

I would really think about course content when chosing.

I hope that helps a bit.
Reply 2
Thanks! Went to both post-offer visit days and loved Nottingham so much :biggrin: Bristol didn't do it for me quite as much and the course really did not have any choice or breadth in what you study. Actually, the Nottingham course has recently introduced Animal Behaviour modules in years 2 and 3 so it does have content in that area and a lot more variety and as you say, wider career options. I've firmed Nottingham because of the course content and the overall atmosphere, especially on the Sutton Bonington campus which was fantastic! Thanks again for your help!
Reply 3
Well done ntu is in our favourites

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SmegHead117
Thanks! Went to both post-offer visit days and loved Nottingham so much :biggrin: Bristol didn't do it for me quite as much and the course really did not have any choice or breadth in what you study. Actually, the Nottingham course has recently introduced Animal Behaviour modules in years 2 and 3 so it does have content in that area and a lot more variety and as you say, wider career options. I've firmed Nottingham because of the course content and the overall atmosphere, especially on the Sutton Bonington campus which was fantastic! Thanks again for your help!

Glad you were able to make a decision and good luck with everything :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending