blondedrmr
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place new here!

I'm looking to study veterinary medicine in either Kosice or Budapest this September as a school leaver from Ireland. Just wondering if the entrance exam as well as decent school results will get you a place or if you need to do extremely well in your A levels/leaving cert, and peoples views on both- which they prefer etc

Also any experiences from the interview and exams would be greatly appreciated! As well as how people are finding the course etc.

Haven't seen anyone my age (18) on here so far who has applied most seem to have done a degree already so if there is anyone in a similar situation to me would love to hear from you
Paidi
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by blondedrmr)
Hi, sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place new here!

I'm looking to study veterinary medicine in either Kosice or Budapest this September as a school leaver from Ireland. Just wondering if the entrance exam as well as decent school results will get you a place or if you need to do extremely well in your A levels/leaving cert, and peoples views on both- which they prefer etc

Also any experiences from the interview and exams would be greatly appreciated! As well as how people are finding the course etc.

Haven't seen anyone my age (18) on here so far who has applied most seem to have done a degree already so if there is anyone in a similar situation to me would love to hear from you
I applied as a transfer student so I can't really say for certain, but it seems that they are most interested in how well you do in biology and chemistry at leaving cert, than overall points. They want people with a strong background in science so if your LC/entrance exam results show that you should be grand. They won't be too concerned if get a D in Irish for example.
blondedrmr
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Paidi)
I applied as a transfer student so I can't really say for certain, but it seems that they are most interested in how well you do in biology and chemistry at leaving cert, than overall points. They want people with a strong background in science so if your LC/entrance exam results show that you should be grand. They won't be too concerned if get a D in Irish for example.
Thank you thats great to hear! I do both biology and chemistry and they are my strongest subjects so hopefully I'll be ok!
kieran--f
Report 6 years ago
I wrote a blog, www.studyinginbudapest.com all about the student life in Budapest..., maybe it will help you, there are a lot of Irish there, I loved my stay in the city
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (160)
14.45%
I'm not sure (48)
4.34%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (329)
29.72%
I have already dropped out (32)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (538)
48.6%

Watched Threads