The Student Room Group

Don't quite know what to do?

Hi all,

Going to keep this short and sweet . .got chatting to someone on Tinder, yes, I know the assumption with the app is a 'leg over' and then byebye, but I have heard some good success stories, so I thought I would give it a try. The person I got chatting with I met with after only talking 48 hours, yes, quick, I know, but he seemed pretty cool and interesting, and interested in me. First date went well; lots of talking, jokes and etc. After the date had ended, we hugged and parted to go home. I texted him when I got back to say I got home ok, and he immediately made it clear he wanted a 2nd date, great.

The 2nd date happened 4 days ago; what he planned on doing (surprised me) we had to cancel due to being too busy so we ended up going to a bar and having a few drinks instead, before he said he needed to head back due to starting work early, which I said fair enough, and I was getting zzz myself. He took me home, whereby the night finished with a hug and a kiss (on the lips). He was trying to schedule in seeing me again the following day if he didn't have any other commitments. (I assume he did as I didn't see the following day). He then said ''See you soon'' . . .which has been bothering me ever since . . does he literally mean see you soon, or is it a polite way of say ''game over''? I haven't heard from him since Tuesday either . . but I don't know if that is because he;s busy .....waiting for me to text first. .....or is no longer interested???

Thoughts???

Scroll to see replies

Not sure. Why don't you try to schedule a meeting with him yourself?
Reply 2
He might have been busy, as another user said why don't you contact him? :smile:
Reply 3
You can't expect him to do all the planning, he might think you're not interested in him. If you like him then arrange something yourself.
Reply 4
Original post by Orthonym
You can't expect him to do all the planning, he might think you're not interested in him. If you like him then arrange something yourself.

Original post by Sparkle24
He might have been busy, as another user said why don't you contact him? :smile:

Original post by clh_hilary
Not sure. Why don't you try to schedule a meeting with him yourself?

Just taken your advice, and sent him a message. Haven't heard anything, however gut instinct tells me he's knocked this one on the head, but hasn't got the balls to tell me! If he was that interested in me, surely he would have been in touch by now? Just a shame really as I did think he was quite a cool guy; treated me right throughout both dates and showed that he was 'into me' on the 2nd date by holding my hand, hugs and the kiss at the end of the date. If you're not interested in someone, why do all that? baffles me! :confused::confused::confused:
Original post by Anonymous
Just taken your advice, and sent him a message. Haven't heard anything, however gut instinct tells me he's knocked this one on the head, but hasn't got the balls to tell me! If he was that interested in me, surely he would have been in touch by now? Just a shame really as I did think he was quite a cool guy; treated me right throughout both dates and showed that he was 'into me' on the 2nd date by holding my hand, hugs and the kiss at the end of the date. If you're not interested in someone, why do all that? baffles me! :confused::confused::confused:

It's possible that he doesn't have a strong preference either way.

Or perhaps he wants sex.
Reply 6
It's possible that he doesn't have a strong preference either way.

Or perhaps he wants sex.

I'm really confused :-/. If he wanted sex surely he would have made that clear from day 1/first time I met him? I did ask me last week what brought me to Tinder, & I said curiousity and what friends had said. He said more or less the same when we started talking.

I guess I can speculate/guess as much as I want but only time will tell I guess....but think I know where this is going.....!
Reply 7

Give him a while, if he doesn't reply in a couple of days then never mind about him. Plenty of fish in the sea eh :smile:
Reply 8
Give him a while, if he doesn't reply in a couple of days then never mind about him. Plenty of fish in the sea eh :smile:

I'll give him til Tuesday, if I hear nothing by then will delete number and move on. Just would appreciate a response to be honest. But hey ho.....I never have any luck whatsoever with men, don't think I'm meant to date any!
Reply 9
I'll give him til Tuesday, if I hear nothing by then will delete number and move on. Just would appreciate a response to be honest. But hey ho.....I never have any luck whatsoever with men, don't think I'm meant to date any!

Awh no, you can definitely attract men or he never would have wanted a 2nd date. Don't put yourself down. It can be really difficult to find someone compatible. You and him have had a good time, and now if he isn't responding to you, then partly ok he might not want a relationship with you, but partly it suggests he's just not the kind of guy for you. :smile:
Reply 10
Awh no, you can definitely attract men or he never would have wanted a 2nd date. Don't put yourself down. It can be really difficult to find someone compatible. You and him have had a good time, and now if he isn't responding to you, then partly ok he might not want a relationship with you, but partly it suggests he's just not the kind of guy for you. :smile:

That's the thing.....I seem to attract (those single & in relationships), YET I never get passed 2nd date. Clearly there's something wrong with me? :-/ Am I doing something wrong? Really don't get it. Just feel like at my age (28 next week), I should at least have a bf. People constantly asking is starting to take its toll, & the odd few are poking fun at me because of it. I'm not desperate in that sense but it really would be nice to have a relationship with someone; someone who appreciates me for me, treats me right & actually doesn't mess me around.
Reply 11
That's the thing.....I seem to attract (those single & in relationships), YET I never get passed 2nd date. Clearly there's something wrong with me? :-/ Am I doing something wrong? Really don't get it. Just feel like at my age (28 next week), I should at least have a bf. People constantly asking is starting to take its toll, & the odd few are poking fun at me because of it. I'm not desperate in that sense but it really would be nice to have a relationship with someone; someone who appreciates me for me, treats me right & actually doesn't mess me around.

You're talking a lot about being treated right, about being appreciated, lots of things about how he should be with you - what about how you are with him? Could it be that in waiting to be treated so well, in focusing so much on being the 'other half' of the date, you're not really offering much in the way of 'give' and take? That sounds a bit like it to me - apologies if it's a bad assumption, but I think a lot of women do this without really realising. There's nothing wrong with being forward and making your feelings clear physically and vocally, too many women think they have to wait for the first move, first compliment, first question before they respond with 'how about you?' - turn it around. Talk about him, ask him questions based on what you've heard, remember things from the last conversation and bring them up again to show you're caring and listening, etc. When he's talking about an experience, don't just respond with 'oh something like that happened to me once, my friend.. blah' - keep it focused on him. It's amazing how many people think they're 'listening' but really, they're just waiting for something they can relate back to themselves and their own lives.

I agree with others who say it sounds like this one has passed. Maybe you could ask him why he wasn't interested in another date? You might get some 'feedback', and to be honest there's nothing to lose now so no harm will be done by being forward with that point.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by awe
You're talking a lot about being treated right, about being appreciated, lots of things about how he should be with you - what about how you are with him? Could it be that in waiting to be treated so well, in focusing so much on being the 'other half' of the date, you're not really offering much in the way of 'give' and take? That sounds a bit like it to me - apologies if it's a bad assumption, but I think a lot of women do this without really realising. There's nothing wrong with being forward and making your feelings clear physically and vocally, too many women think they have to wait for the first move, first compliment, first question before they respond with 'how about you?' - turn it around. Talk about him, ask him questions based on what you've heard, remember things from the last conversation and bring them up again to show you're caring and listening, etc. When he's talking about an experience, don't just respond with 'oh something like that happened to me once, my friend.. blah' - keep it focused on him. It's amazing how many people think they're 'listening' but really, they're just waiting for something they can relate back to themselves and their own lives.

I agree with others who say it sounds like this one has passed. Maybe you could ask him why he wasn't interested in another date? You might get some 'feedback', and to be honest there's nothing to lose now so no harm will be done by being forward with that point.

Past experiences I have had with men NOT 1 of them has actually appreciated, respected me or actually treated me as a woman properly should in a relationship. Many have always kept me a 'secret', hidden away from family/friends, used me for sex. Right now I have a male friend who has just come out of a 5 year relationship, YET keeps hassling me to come round to my house as he wants kisses and sex, that is not me, I'm not that kinda girl. That is sorta crap I am referring to, HENCE why what I said may sound a lot about me, but I have never had such treatment. Both dates with this guy I asked as many questions as I could, although he did a lot of the talking and I tried my very best to ensure there was a balance on both parts.

It was me, by the way, who thinks this one has passed, which is fair enough. I won't be texting again because I already have this morning and I am yet to hear from him. I'm not the typical girl to sit here and send a billion messages to a 'flogging horse', that's not me. If he wants to respond, then great, if not, I will delete the number and move on. I will probably also knock the dating on the head as I really don't think I am cut out for it.

But I appreciate your response, thanks.
Reply 13
Still no response......
It really sucks, OP. :frown:
I had a similar experience as well, although it became an actual relationship. Met someone on Tinder, dated for three months, decided to make it a relationship and after not even a month he stopped texting me. Just move on, if he doesn't text you or doesn't have a good excuse for not contacting you, good riddance.
I'm really confused :-/. If he wanted sex surely he would have made that clear from day 1/first time I met him? I did ask me last week what brought me to Tinder, & I said curiousity and what friends had said. He said more or less the same when we started talking. I guess I can speculate/guess as much as I want but only time will tell I guess....but think I know where this is going.....!

He may want different things, and that it may have gone a little too slow for him.
Reply 16
It really sucks, OP. :frown:
I had a similar experience as well, although it became an actual relationship. Met someone on Tinder, dated for three months, decided to make it a relationship and after not even a month he stopped texting me. Just move on, if he doesn't text you or doesn't have a good excuse for not contacting you, good riddance.

I wouldn't mind if he just texted and said "this is going to work", or something like that but to just ignore is really rude. But evidently shows he's a man with absolutely no manners. I've removed my Tinder account, deleted his number and messages and I'm going to move on. Someone said to me Tinder is nothing more than a website full of dicks, think the person is right. Oh well...will concentrate on myself and my studies.
Reply 17
He may want different things, and that it may have gone a little too slow for him.

But how?? We only had 2 dates, how could he have possibly wanted more?? :-/ Ah well I'm not fussed now anyway as I've removed his number and deleted my Tinder account. I'm moving on....
But how?? We only had 2 dates, how could he have possibly wanted more?? :-/ Ah well I'm not fussed now anyway as I've removed his number and deleted my Tinder account. I'm moving on....

Why can't he? Everyone expects different things. There are people who want sex on first dates.
Reply 19
Why can't he? Everyone expects different things. There are people who want sex on first dates.

I'm not saying he can't, just thought he would have been blunt with something like that! Those who have sex on first dates....well, won't even go there, but each to their own! This whole thing obv wasn't going to happen between the pair of is and I accept that. As I said previously, just would have been nice to have a message saying something like "This isn't going to work" or something like that. But oh well onto bigger and better things now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending