The Student Room Group

Do you agree girls expect WAY too much of guys?

As far as guys go, I'd say the general rule of thumb is, you're good enough for us if you're attractive to us and like to have a good time.

For girls, we have to be confident but not a "dick", approachable but not needy, funny but not a jester, friendly but not just a friend, attentive but not bowing down to their wishes, relaxed around girls but again not just a friend, smile like you mean it but be a bad guy, wear good clothes but don't be vain, have nice hair but don't look like a rockstar, be Johnny Depp but don't... be Johnny Depp.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Boring.
Reply 2
Assertive but not desperate, hench but not too hench, skinny but not too skinny, average isn't good enough but apparently it is, rich but don't show anyone, pay for dinners but don't, be expected to put in the majority of effort to get things going but expect to not get anything going the majority of the time.

Apart from pregnancy I think guys have it hard.
No. Girls expect a guy who is compatible and attractive. That's different for everyone. Not these impossible standards you're putting on yourself
Reply 4
Yeah if you're trying to pick up girls on the set of a reality TV show.
Not all girls like the same things in guys. I have never been attracted to Johnny Depp. Some girls like needy guys. It varies from girl to girl.
Reply 6
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
No. Girls expect a guy who is compatible and attractive. That's different for everyone. Not these impossible standards you're putting on yourself

How can I be compatible?
I don't think I do at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No it's different for every girl, some may have ridiculous standards but I wouldn't say it's the majority
Reply 9
Original post by suzylemonade
Not all girls like the same things in guys. I have never been attracted to Johnny Depp. Some girls like needy guys. It varies from girl to girl.

I'm tired of being rejected for no apparent reason.
Original post by Anonymous
How can I be compatible?

Depends on the person.
Reply 11
Apparently I'm just being silly when I get like this that's what one of my girl friends tells me. But it's just annoying when you see loads of people going out with each other all the time and then you're never one of those people.

Gosh, same here.
It sucks so hard, especially when you don't know what you can do to improve
I agree that girls have it easy in the dating game and in life in general.

Its men who are expected to do all the approaching.

Women never experience romantic rejection.
How can I be compatible?

:rolleyes: just keep getting to know girls, some you'll suit (be compatible with) more so than others
Reply 15
Original post by suzylemonade
Gosh, same here.
It sucks so hard, especially when you don't know what you can do to improve

Do you actually ask guys out? Very few girls do
Reply 16
Some do, some don't.
Original post by Machop
Do you actually ask guys out? Very few girls do

I do, yes. It never works out though.
I just want my guy to be smart, sporty (/physically fit), fun to be around and easy on the eyes. Is that too much to ask for? I don't think so tbh.

What, is she just isn't attracted to you/ just doesn't want to go out with you not a good enough reason? Why do you think girls should by default want to go out with you unless they have a valid reason not to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending