RibenaRockstar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Pro Crastination)
10am on the 8th, thanks for the heads up. I only have one lesson (at 2:30) on Tuesdays so I will be more than able to sit in my college's library spamming refresh on my laptop. Really hoping I can get a place at Polden Court, though to be fair, during my visits I didn't think that any of Bath's campus accommodation was bad at all.
None of the accommodation is *bad*, but the catered offering isn't great. (The accommodation itself is fine, just the food system leaves a lot to be desired).

I think lots of people get overly invested in really wanting en suite, or really wanting a certain halls. Bath is such a tiny campus, as long as you're on campus you'll have a ball - and I know people in city halls tend to like where they live too.
Pro Crastination
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RibenaRockstar)
None of the accommodation is *bad*, but the catered offering isn't great. (The accommodation itself is fine, just the food system leaves a lot to be desired).

I think lots of people get overly invested in really wanting en suite, or really wanting a certain halls. Bath is such a tiny campus, as long as you're on campus you'll have a ball - and I know people in city halls tend to like where they live too.
Ah, okay. Would you say there is a lack of choice in terms of food at the university?
lottislater_03
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi guys, I've just created a group on Facebook called "University of Bath Offer Holders 2014" if you're interested I just thought it would be nice to have somewhere to communicate easily and perhaps get to know each other
Anyway, if you want to join here's the link : https://www.facebook.com/groups/7226...6502?view=info
Well done on getting offers by the way!
Will Costello
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well, this is annoying. I'm going to St. Andrews for an Open Day on April 9th as I haven't visited it yet, but the uni I'll be firming is either going to be that or Bath. If I still go for Bath, does this mean I'll be missing out on all the good/popular accommodation as it'll be after the application process opens?
RibenaRockstar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ah, okay. Would you say there is a lack of choice in terms of food at the university?
No, but you cut yourself off if you're catered - most people eat mainly in the Student Centre outlets which aren't included
Pro Crastination
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RibenaRockstar)
No, but you cut yourself off if you're catered - most people eat mainly in the Student Centre outlets which aren't included
Ah, well thanks for that advice. I may consider Marlborough Court as my first choice now.
Damask-
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ah, well thanks for that advice. I may consider Marlborough Court as my first choice now.
Just so you know Marlborough and Solsbury are kind of a package deal as far as applications go, they're treated as one choice and if you get them, you're assigned to one of the two randomly. There's very little difference.
Pro Crastination
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks for letting me know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 6 November 2019, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 6 Nov '19
  • University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 5 February 2020, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Feb '20
  • University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 1 April 2020, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 1 Apr '20

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (18)
7.09%
They might tell the bully (26)
10.24%
I don't think they'd understand (42)
16.54%
It might lead to more bullying (91)
35.83%
There's nothing they could do (77)
30.31%

Watched Threads