The Student Room Group

A2 SCLY4 Crime and Deviance Sociology Exam June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by sophtommo
I just found this thread and i'm so glad others are teaching themselves! I'm doing religion for scly3 and c&d for scly4! I got 100% in my religion mock so i'm not worrying too much about that but there is so much for crime!
I'm revising topics everyday from my revision list and i should have covered all the content for both sociology exams in the next 2 weeks! There is just a LOT to know!
I'm revising by making computer mind maps and reading over my notes and colour coding sections and boxes which makes me remember how many points are for what question/section. How about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've done lists outlining the various topics covered, all the theories and factors
Reply 381
Original post by sophtommo
I just found this thread and i'm so glad others are teaching themselves! I'm doing religion for scly3 and c&d for scly4! I got 100% in my religion mock so i'm not worrying too much about that but there is so much for crime!
I'm revising topics everyday from my revision list and i should have covered all the content for both sociology exams in the next 2 weeks! There is just a LOT to know!
I'm revising by making computer mind maps and reading over my notes and colour coding sections and boxes which makes me remember how many points are for what question/section. How about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

any hep with religion?

really stuck on that:frown: how did you memorise everything
Original post by xxvine
any hep with religion?

really stuck on that:frown: how did you memorise everything

I'm not really sure how I got 100%, i did the mock on january and i was in a christmas panto! I revised SOLIDLY for one week, all my frees and after school time dedicated. In terms of memorising everything, i make acronyms, lists and just go over and over until i'm happy with my knowledge :smile:

Stressed out with crime! There is SO MUCH

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone with an A/A* grade essay/exam answers for C & D methods in context?
Hey everyone
If anyone needs help with As family and education modules and a2 crime and media modules you can follow my schools sociology account @ stpaulssoc my teachers tweet sites that help with revision and other relevant things :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _shar_shar_
Yes it is media ! Ahh thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here is the aforementioned essay. PS. This was done early on in the course, so if you're wondering why I've put an introduction when I've advised not to, that's why
Original post by firmfrank
Anyone with an A/A* grade essay/exam answers for C & D methods in context?

I have one for unstructured interview in investigating street crime. If you want I can post it up for you. 15/15
Reply 387
Original post by Samantha959
So am I, everytime I pick up the book I get so bored and tell myself that I'll revise it another time.:unimpressed::ashamed2::cry:

I know the feeling i'm so stressed out that i'm finding it difficult to concentrate not enjoying these holidays at all! :mad:
Reply 388
Original post by mollyx
I was going to do that until I realised like a week ago that the 33 marker could also be on methods! So I wouldn't risk it

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. Methods in Context can only be 15 marks OR 3 marks, 6 marks and 15 marks i've looked at the past papers the only one that has 33 marks is Theory and Methods
i thought they were 8 topics for theory?
Reply 390
does everyone think an essay on post-modernism or social policy could come up?
Reply 391
Original post by xxvine
i thought they were 8 topics for theory?

Theory and methods has a total of 10 topics :s-smilie:
Original post by scjman
I've done lists outlining the various topics covered, all the theories and factors

What books do you use to revise?
Original post by thunguyen168
I have one for unstructured interview in investigating street crime. If you want I can post it up for you. 15/15

I'd appreciate that
Original post by firmfrank
I'd appreciate that

There you go.
Does anyone have an essay on social action theory and social policy? I'm really struggling :/
Original post by scjman
Here is the aforementioned essay. PS. This was done early on in the course, so if you're wondering why I've put an introduction when I've advised not to, that's why

Thank you !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jerry
Theory and methods has a total of 10 topics :s-smilie:

can you list them please?
Original post by thebrighterstar
Hi guys! I posted this thread so that everyone who's sitting their A2 Sociology exam this year can discuss and help each other out.

P.S. does anyone know/want to guess what the probability of a Sociology and Science question coming up in the paper as a 33m is? My teacher said it's highly unlikely and even skipped most of the content...

My teacher told me that it's most likely going to be on either, State Policy, Social Action Theory, Postmodernism (we've spent so long on this!) or values in research! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending