The Student Room Group

A2 SCLY4 Crime and Deviance Sociology Exam June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by J56
Finally finished my religion in society notes! Starting crime later tonight. Feeling so stressed for this exam! My teachers are useless I've had teach myself everything.������

Posted from TSR Mobile

What notes have you made on gender, ethnicity, age and social class? My teacher for Beliefs in Society is also useless and i'm so confused on these topics D:

Social policy is supposed to be a highly predicted for this year and it was also the most predicted topic last year so who knows! Would love Postmodernism to come up!
Original post by qasii96
Essay on realism or subcultural theory or crime prevention strategy and 33 marker, post modernist or social policy or action theory

My teacher has pretty much predicted the same topics as you. So I'm only going to revise them or do you think that's risky?
Reply 582
Original post by NOONA.
My teacher has pretty much predicted the same topics as you. So I'm only going to revise them or do you think that's risky?

Wouldn't risk it if I were you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NOONA.

I'd say that depends on where you are with your revision. If I had no notes, or hadn't looked at most of the conent I'd be looking at revising predictions. Theres like 25 topics, research methods once adding the two units together. Let's not forget the synoptic links you may need to recall from unit 1 and 2 for unit 4. It's practically impossible to learn everything in time for the exam.

I'm also thinking experiments or structured interviews for MIC for unit 4? Any ideas for this section for the exam :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 584
A girl in my class said realism might come up (she predicted Marxism on the family paper in June and managed to get the method on unit 2 last year) :tongue: ! She might be wrong though?:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 585
What everyone predictions for Mass Media and Crime and Deviance??
Reply 586
Original post by sophv2
What notes have you made on gender, ethnicity, age and social class? My teacher for Beliefs in Society is also useless and i'm so confused on these topics D:

Social policy is supposed to be a highly predicted for this year and it was also the most predicted topic last year so who knows! Would love Postmodernism to come up!

What's your email? I can take a pic for that if you want!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 587
What do you predict this year for mass media and crime and deviance?
Reply 588
I'm the idiot who has left their revision to last minute :/ Cramming through the topics at the moment, but it's hard to take knowledge in without notes! Is there anyone here who could send me a copy of their notes for Crime and Deviance? I would really apprieate it!!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey people :smile:
How're people going about structuring their 33 mark essay for this topic? :smile:
Reply 590
Original post by jamjsy
I'm the idiot who has left their revision to last minute :/ Cramming through the topics at the moment, but it's hard to take knowledge in without notes! Is there anyone here who could send me a copy of their notes for Crime and Deviance? I would really apprieate it!!!

Your not the only idiot, I've only just started crime today and I'm up to Marxism (23 topics to go):frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 591
Original post by J56
Your not the only idiot, I've only just started crime today and I'm up to Marxism (23 topics to go):frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yaayyy I'm not alone! What text book are you using?
are you guys revising all the topics?
Reply 593
Original post by xxvine
are you guys revising all the topics?

Yes, but the one's that other people are predicting to come up I'll probably spend a little bit more time revising. Since I've only really started revising C&D yesterday, I will be revising/making notes for 3 topics a day (8 over the weekend) and so I should be finished with all my notes for C&D along with Global Development for next Sunday(25th). - Anyone who hasn't started their revision, I suggest do this same plan!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jamjsy
Yes, but the one's that other people are predicting to come up I'll probably spend a little bit more time revising. Since I've only really started revising C&D yesterday, I will be revising/making notes for 3 topics a day (8 over the weekend) and so I should be finished with all my notes for C&D along with Global Development for Sunday. - Anyone who hasn't started their revision, I suggest do this same plan!

wow can you make notes that fast? soo much to learn arghhh

i hope social policy is the theories question!
Original post by qasii96
last year i pretty much predicted everything and it came up. am good at predicting stuff:smile:

So mystic meg what do you think will come up this year???
I have yet to start revision on Crime and Deviance but have done quite a bit for Religion and Theory

Will be starting at the weekend as have been focusing on my Geography 2 exam today.

Original post by jamjsy

I haven;t started either, still plenty of time - no point relying on other people's notes... write them and you will learn them
Original post by ConnorMcD
I have yet to start revision on Crime and Deviance but have done quite a bit for Religion and Theory

Will be starting at the weekend as have been focusing on my Geography 2 exam today.

I haven;t started either, still plenty of time - no point relying on other people's notes... write them and you will learn them

hmmm

i need an a but don't think i will get it
10 topics and methods and theories to learn
oh lord help me!
Reply 598
Original post by J56
What's your email? I can take a pic for that if you want!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll send it through private message :smile:
Ah so nervous for this exam, am with beliefs in society aswell:frown: I'm managed to revise most of crime and d, except green crime,state crime and a bit of punishment, I've only learnt questionnaires out of research methods, and out of theory learnt functionalism, feminism and social policy. So much to learn :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending