The Student Room Group

What is the best/worst ending to TV episode/Film ever?

can be any ending? (doesnt have to be the last episode of a TV show can just be any episode)

you can includes Films too.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The end of The Sopranos. Sorry for blaspheming, but let's be honest, it sucked.
Reply 2
I don't see why people hate the ending of sopranos. It pretty much gave you clues throughout the episode
Reply 3
The end of merlin-It was terrible :frown:
Misfits ended really badly; none of the original cast members, stupid plot-lines in the final series, just...awful.
It's a four-part drama detective show - Falcon

The pace was too fast and the 4th episode left the ending unclear for the mystery. It did have potential to be a good show though if they had ended it off well.
Reply 6
The end of Dexter. :unimpressed:
Reply 7
Red Wedding episode of game of thrones- just wow
The end of some series of Supernatural were pretty poor. Same with some of the ones in The X-Files, where it was a two-parter and the second part was the first episode of the next series -.-.
The end of season 2 of The Walking Dead was quite good because it marked an end for season 2.
Reply 9
end of lost was awful
The end of American Hustle was a letdown.
Reply 11
Original post by maya.g
the end of dexter. :unimpressed:

yes omg wtf was that "_"
Reply 12
Original post by Padwas
end of lost was awful

I like the ending of Lost...
Reply 13
The Office (UK) and Waking The Dead had good endings.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
The ending of Firefly was the worst thing ever...

Mainly because they axed it after 11 episodes and it never got an ending. :frown:

I know it became a cult classic and proceeded on to passé, but the ending of Fight Club really was brilliant.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
Dexter, probably one of the ****test endings in TV history.
End of an episode in the middle of season 2 Grimm, ended on
"To be continued... Sorry"
Best ending :biggrin:
The Big Bang Theory, Season 2 Episode 11 - the Leonard Nimoy hankerchief. Funniest ending of a TV show ever!

Still my favourite episode for this reason, though Season 4 episode 8 (the girls night in and Amy, Bernadette and Penny are paying truth and dare) and Season 5 Episode 12 (Amy's tiara) follow closely behind;

Followed very closely by some episodes of the 1970s comedy Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em

In terms of dramas with good endings, then Desperate Housewives and Lost, particularly the episode in which Shannon died (Lost). For Desperate Housewives, it probably had to be either when Bree rescued Danielle from Matthew - Season 2 finale (Season 2 episode 24 - Remember (Part 2)) OR the tornado episode (Season 4 episode 9 - Something's Coming) - Lynette's scream ... I felt that for days after! :frown:
Reply 18
Original post by alow
I like the ending of Lost...

some did but most of the hardcore community hated it ……………. how could they do it to us :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:(:frown::frown::frown::frown::
Reply 19
The Wire and Boss consistently had the best TV endings

Quick Reply

Latest