The Student Room Group

Romanian applicants for medicine in UK

Hi! I am 17 (11th grade), I am from Romania and I want to apply to medicine in the UK this October.

The thing is, I don't know if there are any exams that I have to take ( apart from UKCAT) because we sit only the European Baccalaureate at Maths , Romanian and only one science subject : biology, physics or chemistry (I will sit the chemistry exam).

I am at math-computer science-English bilingual course in high-school, so I have only 1 hour/week chemistry and 1 h/week biology(although I had 2 h/ week each the first 2 years of high school).

I am really scared because I genuinely do want to enter a medicine school in UK, but I am afraid that I won't be accepted because I don't have level A's or GCSE or whatever UK students do have.

I am particularly interested if there are any extra requirements for an UE Student, especially if I do not have exams in two sciences. Do I need , REALLY NEEED, to sit a level A? Or anything?

Is here anyone that could help with valid information? Perhaps a Romanian student who had applied and was accepted?
(edited 10 years ago)
Your qualifications should hopefully convert over. Bare in mind, that there are usually less seats available for international applicants so it'll be very competitive although I'm not sure if you count as international since you're in the EU?

But to answer your question, you should email all of the medical schools you're considering with your qualifications and see if they accept them.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by DiabeticPanda
Your qualifications should hopefully convert over. Bare in mind, that there are usually less seats available for international applicants so it'll be very competitive although I'm not sure if you count as international since you're in the EU?

But to answer your question, you should email all of the medical schools you're considering with your qualifications and see if they accept them.

Good luck!

Thank you for your reply! Oh, and yes, I think that I am considered UE Student, my mistake.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending