BensterNO1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
THE DEADLINE IS MONDAY, PLEASE HELP ME!

Basically, my school allows us to take just three options. I have decided to take Food And Nutrition and Computing. I cannot decide out of the following for the third one:

-History Modern World
-Classical Civilisations
-Geography

I am currently a 6A in History, and a 6A/7C in geography. I enjoy both subjects, and have always slightly preformed better in history. Both teachers have also said im capable. So, which would you choose and why? Which is more beneficial when choosing a job? And which requires the least coursework?
ellawhite4686
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i do history and it is one of my favourite subjects!

to me coursework is not always such a bad thing as it takes off pressure in the exam, each exam board is different, do you know which one you'd be doing? for my history its 25% coursework but it is all done in lesson time with help from the teacher, and easy to get a good mark in. at my school I'm not sure what % geography coursework is, but i know its very time consuming, they have recently finished it and have been working on it on and off since june! people get lower marks in the geography coursework at my school.

both subjects are very well respected but it depends on what career you want to go into , do you have any ideas? is it possible for you to do both or are you set on your other two choices? it is entirely up to you, but id say history, but thats my biased opinion as i do it, love it, and want to do it a level!

dont hesitate to ask if you have any further queries, hope this has helped!
[email protected]
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BensterNO1)
THE DEADLINE IS MONDAY, PLEASE HELP ME!

Basically, my school allows us to take just three options. I have decided to take Food And Nutrition and Computing. I cannot decide out of the following for the third one:

-History Modern World
-Classical Civilisations
-Geography

I am currently a 6A in History, and a 6A/7C in geography. I enjoy both subjects, and have always slightly preformed better in history. Both teachers have also said im capable. So, which would you choose and why? Which is more beneficial when choosing a job? And which requires the least coursework?
You seem to be doing quite well in both subjects. Both Geography and History are popular subjects to study when it comes to GCSE's. If you enjoy them both, then your choice does not matter that much. But your choice has to be compatible with what you want to study in the future. I have friend who studies both History and Geography. She has told me that the Geography coursework was a lot more intense- there was so much more to do in comparison to the history coursework. The funny thing is that both types of coursework account for 25% of your GCSE. But you have to remember that coursework is not what just matters- the content that you have to learn for the exams for each subject matters more (the exams account for 75% of your GCSE)! Hence, you should probably ask one of your teachers for the syllabus/specification for each GCSE in order to work out whether you are going to like what you will have to learn. Hope this has helped with you decision
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.76%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.32%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (38)
17.12%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
15.32%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (59)
26.58%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
18.92%

Watched Threads