The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

City Accomodation

Is it possible to live purely on Loan/Grant. What's the cheapest option for Halls at City? What's ~ weeks expenditure?
Reply 1
The cheapest is Liberty court with 185 pounds a week.
About the loan, you have to ask for information and to refer to www.gov.uk
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by rbgpwer
The cheapest is Liberty court with 185 pounds a week.
About the loan, you have to ask for information and to refer to www.gov.uk

Thanks, I've calculated a weekly surplus of ~70-£90, is that enough to live on?
I've been looking at Liberty Hall but it's quite expensive, £225 a week but I do want my own en-suite. The only issue is I have no time to go see the accommodation as I live in Manchester. Knew living in London was dear but was shocked to find out it was that dear.
Reply 4
Original post by hassan1995arain
I've been looking at Liberty Hall but it's quite expensive, £225 a week but I do want my own en-suite. The only issue is I have no time to go see the accommodation as I live in Manchester. Knew living in London was dear but was shocked to find out it was that dear.

For real, I'm looking at the £185/week halls, as I've calculated a ~£100 weekly surplus.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
For real, I'm looking at the £185/week halls, as I've calculated a ~£100 weekly surplus.

I calculated it at about £80 but I might have to reconsider that due to everything in London being more expensive... £185 seems pretty good... which hall is that? I've picked East Central house... what course are you planning on doing?
Reply 6
Original post by hassan1995arain
I calculated it at about £80 but I might have to reconsider that due to everything in London being more expensive... £185 seems pretty good... which hall is that? I've picked East Central house... what course are you planning on doing?

I can't remember exactly, it's the cheapest there although it ain't en suite. I'm doing a course with Cass - Investment & Financial Risk Management.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending