Discretionary leave to remain, HELP !!!

Watch
barmutlu1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have been in the UK for 8 years however due to unfortunate circumstances i been awarded with a discretionary leave to remain for a specified time in 2009 and renewed it in 2012 and how hold a leave to enter/remain in the UK on a discretionary basis outside the immigration rules for a specified period.. after this run out in september 2014 i will be applying for indefinite leave to remain...

I applied to student finance for this year 2014 sept but im now freaking out about not being eligible to receive anything.. HELP!! also am i classified as a home student? :s
AdamskiUK
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by barmutlu1)
I have been in the UK for 8 years however due to unfortunate circumstances i been awarded with a discretionary leave to remain for a specified time in 2009 and renewed it in 2012 and how hold a leave to enter/remain in the UK on a discretionary basis outside the immigration rules for a specified period.. after this run out in september 2014 i will be applying for indefinite leave to remain...

I applied to student finance for this year 2014 sept but im now freaking out about not being eligible to receive anything.. HELP!! also am i classified as a home student? :s
Ring up student finance - they're willing to professionally go through all of this over the phone with you without undermining your confidentiality.

They know best.
barmutlu1
Rep:
?
(Original post by AdamskiUK)
Ring up student finance - they're willing to professionally go through all of this over the phone with you without undermining your confidentiality.

They know best.
They asked me for my passport and i sent it off and then they asked me to send my home office letters so im due to send those off soon... but i cnt wait
AdamskiUK
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by barmutlu1)
They asked me for my passport and i sent it off and then they asked me to send my home office letters so im due to send those off soon... but i cnt wait
You really can - you have until May to get student finance sorted, right?

Also, did you send off your passport or a photocopy?
barmutlu1
Rep:
?
(Original post by AdamskiUK)
You really can - you have until May to get student finance sorted, right?

Also, did you send off your passport or a photocopy?
they asked to send the passport not the copy lol so yh i sent the passport with special delivery then they sent it right back to me after a week
adi18
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi,

I'm having the same issue too. I sent them a copy of my passport but haven't heard from them as yet. What happened in your case? did they approve it?
will let you know my outcome!
barmutlu1
Rep:
?
No I wasn't applicable to get student finance but bcoz im a child of a turkish worker now im proving that and we'll see if I can get it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (258)
33.81%
No (505)
66.19%

Watched Threads