The Student Room Group

medicne personal statement

I have done a lot of stuff for my personal statement volunteering, work experience, sports, music, tutoring maths, eco schools, duke of ed, ballet, drama, lifesaving etc. But all these things are very generic what unusual things can i do that will impress admissions officers.
Reply 1
bog snorkling? It's not about impressing it's about ticking all the generic boxes :P
Reply 2
Original post by staks
I have done a lot of stuff for my personal statement volunteering, work experience, sports, music, tutoring maths, eco schools, duke of ed, ballet, drama, lifesaving etc. But all these things are very generic what unusual things can i do that will impress admissions officers.

It's about what you say you've gained from these things more than the long list of extra curriculars

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Really talk about the experiences! That seems like a lot to fit into a statement though!! Just talk about the ones that sound the best and the ones wee you've had to demonstrate most skills (like communicatioom, team work etc.)
The others, just tell your reference about then and hope they will work it into your reference!!
References have the same line/character limit as you do for your ps, so they have plenty of space to talk about you (afterall, they alike be limited in what the can say about you, than you can say about yourself!)
Reply 4
Thanks for all the replies i will use all your advice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending