The Student Room Group

Do you regret any of the unis/courses you applied for ?

as above

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, got rejected from 3 unis for medicine because I didn't apply wisely.
Reply 2
Picked the wrong course at the right uni :L what to dooooo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe. ps: Seem like some universities allow u to change courses before u receive offers of ur previous options.
I think I should've looked at joint honors before I applied for straight International Relations everywhere.. But I don't know if I would've even applied for any, I'm not very adventurous regarding my education! :biggrin:
Reply 5
I applied in the first round of applications (before 15th Jan)
About 10 days ago I added a course at the same university as above......this seems to have pushed my application back so that universities now have until MID JULY to respond!!

Kinda regretting that now......means I'm having to wait SOOOOO much longer! :/
Reply 6
I should have applied to even more prestigious uni's but made a stupid decision because I wanted my UCAS sent off early.
Reply 7
Yes! I already had two uni's in mind that I thought would be my 'dream' places and I liked the courses at both, so I went to open days for them and then one other which was 'OK' and then put down two other choices without much thought/consideration of the locations/courses and whether I would genuinely would want to go there! I feel like I've become so much more aware of my ambitions and personality since I applied in early October - but it's easy to say that looking back now so hey! I'm still happy I applied to the first two initial Uni's I had my heart set on and am (in a way?) glad they are vastly different so they each have merits the other doesn't etc. but in hindsight/retrospectively I would have liked to apply to somewhere in London ,somewhere vibrant & artsy, and perhaps a city uni !
Almost regret all of my choices, not because I don't like them because two of them I love but my back-ups were chosen simply on their low entry requirements and I have now realised that I'd prefer to go to a good uni and wait a year and re-take if necessary, than go to a uni with low entry requirements just for the sake of getting into uni this year.

Out of my three higher entry requirements uni's, the one with the lower entry requirements is the one I'd really like to go to (providing I get an offer) this leaves me in the situation of not being able to put one of the other two uni's as a insurance as the entry requirements are higher. Of course I could put one of the lower entry requirements uni's as my insurance but if I do miss out on my grades and end up not getting into the uni I want to go to, is there any point in putting an insurance uni down that I have no intention of going to? Nope.
(edited 10 years ago)
All of my courses were a waste of time as I completely changed my course last week, and a couple of my universities were as I had the choice of about 8 because barely anywhere did what I applied for. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just wanted to get into Cass', I would've probably declined the rest of them anyway. :lol:
Original post by TSRuserrr9
Picked the wrong course at the right uni :L what to dooooo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you not ask to change course? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last year i applied to all the wrong universities and courses. Now i'm on a Gap year with offers from different universities for a completely different course :tongue:
Original post by Lucy96
Could you not ask to change course? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

iv not accepted my offers yet so i suppose iv got plenty of time to make some changes to my decisions,probably will do that on results day :smile: just out if curiosity,what have you applied for at uni?
iv not accepted my offers yet so i suppose iv got plenty of time to make some changes to my decisions,probably will do that on results day :smile: just out if curiosity,what have you applied for at uni?

Ah fair enough :biggrin: I applied for anthropology but I've changed to a combined honours in History and Biology :smile:

If your certain you want to change course but stick with your current unis then don't want until results day to change
Reply 16
Original post by letsbehonest
Yeah, got rejected from 3 unis for medicine because I didn't apply wisely.

Same! I feel your pain, my friend :console: Are you thinking of re-applying if you don't get into your 4th choice? :smile: Last December, I made a list of the unis I wanted to apply to and where I thought I'd have better chances of getting in (in terms of my European qualifications as I'm not from the UK) if I got rejected this cycle. It's funny how I kind of knew that I'd be rejected in advance. I narrowed my choices to 6 unis! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jenn.
Same! I feel your pain, my friend :console: Are you thinking of re-applying if you don't get into your 4th choice? :smile: Last December, I made a list of the unis I wanted to apply to and where I thought I'd have better chances of getting in (in terms of my European qualifications as I'm not from the UK) if I got rejected this cycle. It's funny how I kind of knew that I'd be rejected in advance. I narrowed my choices to 6 unis! :smile:

Yeah defo going to reapply if I don't get an offer from my last uni.

Last year, I researched quite a lot, then I made a decision to change two of my choices last minute like an idiot.
Reply 18
Yeah, wish I hadn't applied for Maths at Liverpool. Hated the pre-application open day then put it down because I had no clue where else to put down and then they gave me a higher offer than they said they would.
I applied to a university I now deteste and will not be attending. I have offers from 3 others so its fine and in truth I wouldn't have a replacement for it anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending