MUN Background on the Global Warming Debate Watch

Sena5
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
As you know one of the more controversial topics in the world today is global warming.

Some people believe that global warming is a serious threat to our society, economically, socially, politically, and action must be taken immediately to try to alleviate it's effects.Others believe global warming to be a myth and any actions taken in response to global warming will be harmful to the economy and therefore society as a whole.

In the Global Warming Debate, you may present the facts about global warming, the basic arguments presented by both sides, and the political climate with regards to global warming.
McRite
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Botswana see it as unfair that African Nations like us have to bear the brunt of the effects of global warming yet most of the pollution is produced by the west, and we have to suffer from increasing droughts and floods. Yet the MUN expects us developing nations to cut our pollution and change our sources of electricity while industrialized countries can continue as they please without any sanctions. So lets continue to pretend like we're achieving anything with our annual global warming meetings.

The debate should not be about whether or not it exists, it does, it should be about what are we going to do about it.
Sena5
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by McRite)
Botswana see it as unfair that African Nations like us have to bear the brunt of the effects of global warming yet most of the pollution is produced by the west, and we have to suffer from increasing droughts and floods. Yet the MUN expects us developing nations to cut our pollution and change our sources of electricity while industrialized countries can continue as they please without any sanctions. So lets continue to pretend like we're achieving anything with our annual global warming meetings.

The debate should not be about whether or not it exists, it does, it should be about what are we going to do about it.
Yes it is going to discussed what we are going to do about it. We have to do something about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (35)
11.15%
I used to but I don't now (11)
3.5%
No, but I want to start (113)
35.99%
No, I am unable to (69)
21.97%
No, I chose not to (86)
27.39%