The Student Room Group

Student Experiences doing Masters in Theatre at Dundee/ Leeds/ Exeter/ East Anglia

Hello! I am a student from India, and I have applied and received Offer Letters to do my Masters in the field of Theatre Studies at Leeds, Dundee, Exeter and at East Anglia.

I have never been to the UK before, and so I have very little apart from the websites and promotional material to go on when making a decision. I was really hoping some people here who have experience with these universities could help me out, and advise me on making a decision!

Here are some more specific questions to give you an idea of what I'm looking for:
- Faculty. What are they like? How open are they to unconventional research proposals with an international focus? How renowned are they at what they do?
- The University as a whole. What is it like? Would you recommend it as a good place to do a postgraduate in this field, in terms of social life, cultural life etc.?

Finally, is it worth it?? I'm going to be funding myself with a combination of part-schols and loans. It's a lot of money, and I'm hoping it will be worth it! I love drama, and want to explore it at an academic level, with good Faculty guides that are not always available in my country...

I'd love to have any advice whatsoever.

Quick Reply