Are men better at everything?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
EllieC130
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
So often on this site and other places I see arguments that men are better and something or other. Every sport, the majority of academia, cooking, even humour. The only things I would say are arguable is acting, possibly cleaning and looking good (and this isn't even one that matters in my opinion).

I'm not even trolling. I genuinely believe men are better. Not them I'm happy about it; tbh I feel pretty ****ty. But that's not the point. I just always feel like when men are arguing that they're better, someone's like well women had (insert one minor name here) which is fine. But it just feels like a consolation. Is this true? Are men really better?
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
men are good at some things like fighting and mending cars. but ladies are good at things as well.
GoldGhost
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by EllieC130)
x
No, you can't generalise a group of about 3 billion people.
MidnightDream
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I think both genders each have their forte. I don't believe one gender to be better than the other
Autistic Merit
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Girls are generally much neater, better at listening, have better handwriting and are more organised in my opinion. As a teacher I can tell this just from marking books.

Name:  Neat-Handwriting1-300x200.jpg
Views: 2092
Size:  53.1 KB
Girl's

Name:  illegible_order.jpg
Views: 1705
Size:  115.1 KB
Boy's
Asolare
Report 8 years ago
I can't cook for ****, I don't know anything about cars or technology, I hate sports and I was never that great in school. Guess I'm not one of these supposed elite males then... :'(

Seriously though, can't generalise stuff on gender. Some men are good at cooking, some women are good at cooking etc.
Robbie242
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Girls make good typists apparently

well according to the history I studied
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Men can't multitask?
whyumadtho
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Depends on the individual and skill.
cuppa
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
No, men are not better at everything lol
123formyabc
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Yes men are better at everything not gona lie.
finnthehuman
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Men and Women have been given different roles by God. So don't sweat it.
The role of a Mother is such an honourable roles, Women have been blessed to have it.
Sock Amoeba
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I don't think men are better at everything. Some men are better at certain things, some women are better at certain things. Culture and environment make huge differences, discrimination obviously. In my experience, women are equal if not better than men in most areas (or at least have the potential to be that way).
Jamerson
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
We really need to stop boxing people in to categories and look at each person as individuals.
applicant2014
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Ofc men aren't better at everything.

Girls in general are more hardworking, better in gossiping, more adept in understanding others' feelings and etc.

Whoever says men are better at everything is surely an arrogant, close-minded and despicable misogynist.
Scorlibran
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Autistic Merit)
Girls are generally much neater, better at listening, have better handwriting and are more organised in my opinion. As a teacher I can tell this just from marking books.

Name:  Neat-Handwriting1-300x200.jpg
Views: 2092
Size:  53.1 KB
Girl's

Name:  illegible_order.jpg
Views: 1705
Size:  115.1 KB
Boy's
You've obviously never lived with 4 girls in a student house, their rooms are disgusting and untidy.
User264792
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Stronger isn't better. Women have some physical advantages in sports such as skating.
Alpha brah
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
No. As others have said, you can't generalise so grossly.

Believe that if you want, but you'll really be holding yourself back with such a self-fulfilling prophecy. And please don't pass that belief onto other people, like your kids if you ever have any.
Dr. Django
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
women are better at giving birth, and at bleeding...cant think of much else
El Salvador
Badges: 21
Report 8 years ago
How do you define what a man is? Is it the penis? What if it's a very small penis with a vagina attached to the body still?
X
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (23)
17.83%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.03%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (70)
54.26%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.88%

Watched Threads