The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Roehampton or Anglia Ruskin (for English Language & Linguistics)?

I've been to these universities' open days and they were great: both had an interesting course, a welcoming atmosphere and nice accommodation.

Roehampton has a lovely, picturesque campus where you are no more than a 5-minute walk away from facilities. It also has a good reputation for English, but I don't know if that's for all the department's courses. However, despite being in London, it feels a bit secluded, with a 20-minute bus journey to the nearest tube station.

English at Anglia Ruskin is taught at the Cambridge campus, so of course it's in a beautiful area and I like the idea of cycling around town. I was also particularly impressed with the off-campus accommodation, which is only a 5-minute walk to the train station - and then less than an hour from London! A downside is that the university is quite condensed and not part of a scenic campus like Roehampton. Another is that it's lower down in league tables, and has been dropping consistently in English over the past few years, which worries me. Although I did like the look of the course at the open day.

So could current students, or those in a similar situation, help me out? Even better if you're doing this subject!

Quick Reply

Latest