The Student Room Group

Prospective Jobs for Liberal Art's and Science's student.

Hello,

I'm currently in The Hague studying at Leiden in my last year. In case your not sure what my degree includes (I don't think it's popular in the UK) it's basically a broader PPE (Oxford). Global Justice, Global Public Health, International Development, Human Interaction, World Politics, Political Arts, Sustainability and Policy Science are just some of the topics discussed. So it's a very broad degree.

I'm a British citizen so I could join the Civil Service fast stream, however I'd like a job where I could travel. I've looked up the foreign office graduate scheme which seems to be incorporated into the civil service one. So, does anyone know about working for the foreign office?

Another thing I would like to discuss is if anyone has joined the Met Graduate Scheme and knows what it's like. Inspector after 3 years seems very fast :colondollar:
Reply 1
What sort of travel are you interested in? If it's long term, the FCO is one option, though the average age of entry is 28. If it's short term, have you thought about working for a think tank? Especially if there's a a focus on European politics they're likely to have a bureau in Brussels or elsewhere in Europe and roles there often require travel.

I don't think I'm allowed to post links, but I'd be happy to show you in the right direction if you PM me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending