The Student Room Group

Year Nine

German or French 😱
Reply 1
Original post by Panda- Monium
German or French

It might be helpful if you provide some context to the dilema....ie what have you studied and for how long etc. :smile:
Reply 2
German. Do german. DAS STAUBSAUGER IST MEIN
I had that exact decision to make but I chose German
es war sehr, sehr lustig :smile:
Reply 4
German. I took spanish because we could do that or french, but at the boys' school for my school all of my friends prefer German as it is apparently easier and many people hate french at me school xx
Reply 5
Original post by Panda- Monium
German or French ������

Well.... i use yo learn french in my primary school but when i got to secondary school i had to do German and spanish as i was put in a class were we could only do German or sp[anish whilst others were put in a class were they could do spanish and french. As a result of this i picked German as i studied it longer than spanish and was confident in passing. I also spent 1 day a week learning spanish.
To be honest its up to you cuz no one can decide for you as you know yourself better than anyone else here on TSR.

As seen on this thread most people said German but before making a final decision i think You should ask yourself this question: which language do i find the easiest French or German?

Believe you me people say that German grammer is a bit hard but you should decide on this one. Dont know about french though.
French is not fun to learn. If you can avoid it. Avoid it. (IMO)
J'adore le français! But tbh, French listening is harder than German (IMO). This is because it is an incredibly subtle language and it flows quickly and smoothly.However, French grammar is much more relaxed compared to German (which won't really be touched upon at GCSE) which makes French writing assessments easier than German. It is completely up to you, I love French but know lotsa who don't, but same applies to German. Pick which ever you're better at and prefer as overall at GCSE, neither one is easier.

Quick Reply

Latest