AS geography questions help

Watch this thread
Exx
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi, was wondering how people get 9 or 10 out of 10 on these geography exam questions. I seem to only be able to get around 5(D). I'd be really grateful if some one could give a sample essay egutline 2 changes to the physical environment that give evidence for climate change? or any tips on how to get good marks. Thanks for any help
moggington
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Exx)
Hi, was wondering how people get 9 or 10 out of 10 on these geography exam questions. I seem to only be able to get around 5(D). I'd be really grateful if some one could give a sample essay egutline 2 changes to the physical environment that give evidence for climate change? or any tips on how to get good marks. Thanks for any help
Geography is just as much about the content as it is being able to right a coherent argument. So, you need to have the knowledge in place and then present it in a well-written essay. If you come up with a solid structure, you can use it on practically every essay.

I usually start off by underlining any key words in the question, and defining them in the introduction. For this essay, you could begin by explaining climate change, and perhaps back it up with data.

You then want to tackle the two changes, and again, bring in geographical terminology. If you've done a case study on somewhere like the Arctic, draw on multiple examples from it AND explain why it is happening. It's all well and good being able to write down a keyword, but what the examiners are really looking for is your understanding of it. So definition + application is key.

To conclude (you don't necessarily have to, but it's safe to do so and only takes a line or two), summarise your argument, and perhaps note that these two changes are just two of many changes to the physical environment that give evidence for climate change. Referencing alternative examples here will close your argument nicely.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (52)
26.4%
As I expected (65)
32.99%
Harder (72)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.06%

Watched Threads