NidaJaffri
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I do Edexcel, and I am just wondering how the examiners distinguish A* level of essays to other grades.

What extra things can I do which is more than an average candidate to score the A*?

I have made a list of things from the examiner reports, but I wanted to get your opinion on it.

Thanks,
Nida
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Edward Cullen
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
heyy.... i have done my edexcel AS exam and got an A. now im studying A2... i use my text book for revision as well tutor2u, economicsonline.co.uk..... just read, read and read until you understand everything, and try maximum to take your own notes...probably through internet...hope its useful..
Hellcat12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by NidaJaffri)
I do Edexcel, and I am just wondering how the examiners distinguish A* level of essays to other grades.

What extra things can I do which is more than an average candidate to score the A*?

I have made a list of things from the examiner reports, but I wanted to get your opinion on it.

Thanks,
Nida
Hello,

I think putting store on the Examiner tips is excellent.
For your essays, you need to analyse the marks division for knowledge, application, analysis and evaluation. Give me an example and I shall show you how.

Other than that, there is more to Edexcel Economics, than memorising, you need to have diagrammatic sense.
If you are given a diagram, focus on it . You can draw additional curve on top of the existing one and this is very common with questions. Shade the area (producer and consumer surplus area, incidence of tax and gain of subsidy). You are rewarded for indicating or labelling the area of tax and subsidy.
You can draw diagrams to support your theory and examiners appreciate it.
Give analysis for tables and figures, it is very important.
Don't exceed the time limit and keep the case study very analytical. For example, they give you question for choice of option A or B, sometimes both options are incorrect, don't hesitate to give your Evaluation for a right option than the ones given (your syllabus revision must be excellent for that).

Practice and work on as many past papers as possible. There are a few sites as mentioned by the above poster, tutor2u is a good one but focus most on your GCE endorsed text book, keep a checklist of your syllabuses and complete every portion, there is no choice for Economics and Business students.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
21.84%
Excited but a bit nervous (132)
45.05%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.29%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed