The Student Room Group

Is Music a respected A-level?!

Is Music a respected A-level? Stuck between music or further maths. Obviously further maths is more respected, but I prefer music, and so likely to gain a better grade. My other options are Maths, Physics, German.
Please let me know! Cheers.
Reply 1
Original post by beu
Is Music a respected A-level? Stuck between music or further maths. Obviously further maths is more respected, but I prefer music, and so likely to gain a better grade. My other options are Maths, Physics, German.

What you looking at study at uni?
If you're planning on doing a STEM degree, you should probably do further maths. Otherwise, doing music should be no problem :nah:
Reply 3
Original post by beu

If you think you're going to get a better grade in music and don't want to do maths at university then I'd go for music. If you change your mind later you could always self teach further maths
Reply 4
Original post by beu

Morning Beu!
I read your post with great interest as I have exactly the same question. My mum heavily invested in my music I’m 16 and going to st doms sixth form college. I come from an independent boys school who highly regard music ability. I have grade 7 clarinet grade 5 violin and grade 5 theory (theory at 15 I found hard!). Did you do music a level and if so did your university respect music a level to other students subjects. I would love to know where you went to as it’s been six years...pleeese reply.

Quick Reply

Latest