AS Chemistry and Biology..

Watch
Shanahey
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I currently am using the textbooks 'recommended' by my school, and I'm finding they're not much use for me. Are there any books that people are using that they particularly recommend?

I would also be grateful if there's any particular revision websites and/or youtube revision channels that you recommend.

Nahmed:)
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The CGP book for chemistry is really good

Posted from TSR Mobile
egmpb
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
what spec are you on?
TajwarC
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
CGP books are generally great for revision

For chemistry in particular check out chemguide.co.uk and http://chemrevise.org/revision-guides/
nosociallife
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
BOZEMAN SCIENCE IS AMAZING. He is on youtube and if you just search his name into google, he has a website. He is so helpful for Biology, you have no idea. He makes things alot clearer (for me anyway)
Shanahey
Rep:
?
(Original post by egmpb)
what spec are you on?
OCR A
TajwarC
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nosociallife)
BOZEMAN SCIENCE IS AMAZING. He is on youtube and if you just search his name into google, he has a website. He is so helpful for Biology, you have no idea. He makes things alot clearer (for me anyway)
CrashCourse is good too
nosociallife
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TajwarC)
CrashCourse is good too
yeah! I love crash course! Is that the one with Hank/John Green in it? I love them so much! YouTube videos are actually life savers sometimes!
Westeros
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
www.chemguide.co.uk
or
www.khanacademy.org

I find the CPG books really useful, but some topics in chemistry you just really can't teach yourself, you have to have a proper explanation in person (from previous experience anyway)

good luck!
Shanahey
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nahmed:))
The CGP book for chemistry is really good

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I went on the CGP website and I'm not sure what type of revision book to get! Do you recommend the 'Complete Revision and Practice' range of AS/A2 combined or just AS, or the 'Student Book' range?
TajwarC
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nosociallife)
yeah! I love crash course! Is that the one with Hank/John Green in it? I love them so much! YouTube videos are actually life savers sometimes!
That's the one The one about DNA is legendary haha
Shanahey
Rep:
?
(Original post by Westeros)
www.chemguide.co.uk
or
www.khanacademy.org

I find the CPG books really useful, but some topics in chemistry you just really can't teach yourself, you have to have a proper explanation in person (from previous experience anyway)

good luck!
Thanks, I went on the CGP website and I'm not sure what type of revision book to get! Do you recommend the 'Complete Revision and Practice' range of AS/A2 combined or just AS, or the 'Student Book' range?

Nahmed:)
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Shanahey)
I have the 'Complete Revision and Practice' for AS )) the actual OCR A textbook is really good too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
nosociallife
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TajwarC)
That's the one The one about DNA is legendary haha
I LOVE THE ONE ON DNA! I wish I knew them in real life! :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (19)
31.15%
No (42)
68.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed