The Student Room Group
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University

Nursing at Glasgow Caledonian

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by MSBLING
Sorry about that Heatherm92.. But did u have the qualifications and experience? :frown:

I have the qualifications for it but I didn't notice on the website it's an addition requirement to have been in education in the last 3 years. I just seen the entry requirements and knew I had them :frown:. Oh well :smile:. No, no experience either. I finished college and was having a gap year which turned into having two kids lol. 3 years later here we are xx
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University
Reply 41
Anyone heard yet today?
Reply 42
No nothing so far! X
Reply 43
I haven't heard yet either, this wait is getting ridiculous now, we need to know!
Reply 44
Original post by Kimcake82
I haven't heard yet either, this wait is getting ridiculous now, we need to know!

Another person on here called them today and was told we just need to wait, the deadline they are working on is 8th may :frown: I hate this limbo feeling of not knowing whet us hoping to happen!
Reply 45
A few folk in my class got knockbacks because their personal statement wasn't strong enough. Cale said everyone should hear back by the end of March, but I've now been informed it could be as late as May to hear back. The waiting is killing me, hope everyone hears back soon.
Reply 46
Hi everyone, I have enquired to cale's admissions office and they have told me everyone will know by the 8th of may! fingers crossed
Reply 47
Original post by Andread14
Hi everyone, I have enquired to cale's admissions office and they have told me everyone will know by the 8th of may! fingers crossed

That's such a long waiting time :frown: I hope no news is good news :/
Reply 48
Is it nursing studies at caley that you are all waiting for?
Thats what I'm waiting for..feel like im in limbo waiting for a reply!
Need to know so I can sort out childcare etc...fingers crossed!
Good luck everyone
Reply 49
And I thought we were only a few that still waiting

Original post by om25
Is it nursing studies at caley that you are all waiting for?
Thats what I'm waiting for..feel like im in limbo waiting for a reply!
Need to know so I can sort out childcare etc...fingers crossed!
Good luck everyone
Reply 50
Hopefully no news is good news! :biggrin: It is Adult Nursing I have applied for
Reply 51
Hi all,

Yeah I rung the uni and got told 8th of May on Monday there.

Guess we have to be that bit more patient, but it's still rather annoying.

Hope everyone here's a successful outcome soon. Ps keep posting updates etc.
M
Xx
Reply 52
Original post by Andread14
Hopefully no news is good news! :biggrin: It is Adult Nursing I have applied for

I've applied to adult nursing too x
Reply 53
Has anyone had interviews for cale nursing?
Reply 54
Has anyone actually had a confirmed acceptance offer for this course? I have heard people say that offers have been made but I'm yet to see someone say that they have personally received one. The only people I can see that have heard anything further are those who were unsuccessful. I was asked to provide documentation in support of my application but nothing further. If only those who were told no have heard than I see that as a positive to those waiting, however if others have already been accepted then I'll be slightly less optimistic! Also, is there an interview stage? I assumed that there would be but can't find anything saying there is!
Reply 55
Original post by snurse24
Has anyone had interviews for cale nursing?

I've not seen or heard of anyone having interviews snurse24. Seems to be rejected, conditional or unconditional offers from caley.

Still no news x
Reply 56
Hello, I have been offered a conditional (as long as I finish my hnc healthcare) into adult nursing. I have been offered to GCU and UWS (I live closer to GCU) but have heard UWS is a good course too? I am a mature student and was told UWS give you a bit more support. Albeit I have done really well with my hnc (so hoping I won't struggle) but just wondered if anyone can help me decide which one to accept? I am stressed out making my mind up.
Reply 57
Information day at Caledonian Uni tomorrow (Wed 9th April) for Children's Nursing Course.
My daughter got an unconditional acceptance a few weeks ago
Good luck
Catriona
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 58
I'm still waiting, have heard of two people on here who have had unconditionals ages ago but lots of others still waiting. I don't know what to think, with everyday that passes I become mor convinced they'll reject me yet I can't help wondering if they were going to say outright no surely they'd have done it by now, guess I just need to wait and see, good luck!
Reply 59
I haven't heard anything back yet, I contacted the uni and was told it could be anytime up until the 8th of May before everyone hears back! Though I have seen a lot of posts on here of people who have been told they have been unsuccessful and not very many posts from people who have offers, so am hoping that means that it's good news for those of us who haven't heard yet!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending