Marketing Master (with Sociology/Psychology) - Which should I choose? Watch

Kittana
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi everyone!

I recently applied to some UK universities to pursue a Masters degree in marketing and I received unconditional offers for the following programmes:

University of Manchester - MSc Corporate Communications and Reputation Management
University of Birmingham - Marketing Communications MSc
University of Exeter - MSc Marketing
Cardiff University - Msc Strategic Marketing
Regent's University London - Msc Digital Marketing & Analytics

University of Lancaster - MSc Psychology of Advertising
University of Essex - MA Advertising, Marketing and the Media
Royal Holloway, University of London - MA Consumption, Culture and Marketing

I studied their websites, looked at different rankings and searched this forum, but since I am not from the UK, it’s still difficult for me to decide between all of these. The main criteria would be (in this order, I think): course content, department/university reputation, the looks & location of the campus (including proximity to a city), opportunity for a company project instead of a classic research dissertation, graduate employment prospects.

Now, since I already have an undergraduate degree in marketing and some work experience in the field, I feel like I wouldn’t want to study the same things for my postgraduate degree and I am more inclined to choose a programme that has a mix of marketing with psychology or sociology. Lancaster, Essex & Royal Holloway provide that.

Considering course content alone, I like the programme at Royal Holloway the most. Lancaster’s reputation is the best, but looking at the campus & photos of the city - I didn’t find it very appealing. Plus I hear it’s more rainy than other areas in the UK. And it’s a real challenge to evaluate the rankings - as there are large variations among different sources.

What do you think? I welcome any information you are willing to share about these universities/courses that you think would help me decide. Thank you very much!

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate