mysqa
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
It's time for SAM's famous Study Tips! I'll be posting a new tip every day, so keep coming back!

SAM's Study Tips No 1: It's better to understand that to remember.
mysqa
Rep:
?
SAM’s Study tips No 2: Stop putting it off! Before you know it you’ll be in that exam hall. Start revising NOW!
mysqa
Rep:
?
SAM's Study tips No 3: Don't compare your prelim performance with your friends. Set your own goals and work hard to achieve them.
mysqa
Rep:
?
SAM's Study tips No 4: Going over work as soon as you learn it will reinforce it better than leaving it to revise at the last minute.
mysqa
Rep:
?
SAM's Study tips No 5: Which revision technique works for you? - memorise, summary notes, keywords, diagrams, find out early and use it!
mysqa
Rep:
?
SAM's Study tips 6: If you don't understand something, don't get stressed. Take action - ask your teacher or your class mates to help.
mysqa
Rep:
?
SAM's Study Tips No 7: Plan your work, but remember planning it doesn't mean you're doing it.
mysqa
Rep:
?
SAM's Study tips 8: Make it personal. Find your own deep and compelling reason to learn your subject successfully and pass your exams.
mysqa
Rep:
?
SAM's Study Tips No 9: You can never study too hard or too much - but you can study too long. Take a break.
mysqa
Rep:
?
SAM's Study tips 10: Don't drink too much coffee, tea and fizzy drinks; the caffeine will put you on edge and make your thinking less clear.
mysqa
Rep:
?
SAM’S Study Tips No.11: Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. Plan your study and the lead up to each exam.
mysqa
Rep:
?
SAM's Study tips 12: Make sure you have one weekend day when you don't do revision or think about exams - you'll come back to it refreshed.
mysqa
Rep:
?
SAM's Study tips No 13: If you like to study to music, listen to something familiar - it'll put you in a more positive frame of mind.
mysqa
Rep:
?
SAM's Study tips 14: Eat sensibly – healthy eating can improve your performance. Eating little and often keeps your energy levels up.
mysqa
Rep:
?
SAM's Study tips 15: Work in bursts, have a 10 min break, start again. Build to 20 or 40 min bursts, keeping breaks to 10 min. Go!
Bromaldehyde
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mysqa)
SAM's Study tips 15: Work in bursts, have a 10 min break, start again. Build to 20 or 40 min bursts, keeping breaks to 10 min. Go!
What should you do on your breaks ?
mysqa
Rep:
?
SAM's Study tips 16: Be realistic - if you think "anything less than A+ is a fail" then you are creating unnecessary stress for yourself.
mysqa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bromaldehyde)
What should you do on your breaks ?
Good question. Make some tea, get some fresh air, have a chat to someone, generally just chill. Try to avoid electronics!
mysqa
Rep:
?
SAM's Study tips 17: Only revise 2 subjects a day - more can confuse. Mix them up so you revise one favourite and one you're less keen on.
Haniyaa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mysqa)
SAM’s Study tips No 2: Stop putting it off! Before you know it you’ll be in that exam hall. Start revising NOW!
I need help for English. i am doing national 4 and my exams are coming up this year i am really struggling will you help me please?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (216)
52.17%
No, they should still go ahead (58)
14.01%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (140)
33.82%

Watched Threads