The Student Room Group

How hard is it doing ACCA?

Hey guys,

I am a recent Psychology graduate with a first considering going into accounting, I don't have any previous knowledge of accounting so was thinking of doing ACCA via distance learning.

Could anyone tell me how hard it is truthfully doing ACCA? How long approximately should it take me? What are the job prospects?

Thank you!
It really does depend. As a graduate, if you really want to go into the accounting route, you're better off getting a training contract with a known (preferably blue chip or FTSE 100) company and going for the ACA qualification instead. The ACA qualification opens a lot more doors than the ACCA (a lot of people use the ACCA as a route to the ACA as far as I'm aware) and the job prospects become a lot more open after completion (which normally takes 2 or 3 years).

Someone who is ACA qualified could easily walk into a high 30k - low 40k salary job (dependent on interview performance etc) and that's the least you'd expect. Options range from finance to accountancy to other industry jobs, but I'd definitely recommend this route if possible in your circumstances.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending