The Student Room Group

Shoe size getting smaller?

I used to be a size 4/5 during school. Now I seem to barely fit size 3? :confused: Can some explain why?
Reply 1
Original post by Khodu
I used to be a size 4/5 during school. Now I seem to barely fit size 3? :confused: Can some explain why?

I would be very, very surprised if the size of your feet were decreasing as that's just not the way humans work.

Different shoes are sometimes different sizes depending on where you get them from even if they say they're the same size. Could this be the problem?
Reply 2
Original post by ryan9900
I would be very, very surprised if the size of your feet were decreasing as that's just not the way humans work.

Different shoes are sometimes different sizes depending on where you get them from even if they say they're the same size. Could this be the problem?

Might be because I lost a fair bit of weight?
Vanity sizing. I was a 6/7 in school and now I'm a 5 and can even sometimes fit a 4 if they're wide-fit. I have some old size 7 canvas shoes from Topshop and they fit like 5's do nowadays.
Reply 4
Original post by Khodu
Might be because I lost a fair bit of weight?

There's your answer then. Your feet wouldn't actually get smaller as in shrink and go down sizes but if you've lost a lot of weight then that's most likely why. Well done on actually losing the weight by the way :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by ryan9900
There's your answer then. Your feet wouldn't actually get smaller as in shrink and go down sizes but if you've lost a lot of weight then that's most likely why. Well done on actually losing the weight by the way :smile:

But would I shrink down that many sizes? And thanks :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by Khodu
But would I shrink down that many sizes? And thanks :tongue:

It's possible. If you did have a lot more weight back then and a lot of it was on your ankles/feet then maybe. Shoes are just the same as clothes, and people go down sizes in clothes. It's more unusual to lose shoe sizes but I guess it can happen!

My point about the actual shoe size numbers still stands too. A lot of places vary in shoe sizes even though the numbers are the same. I had a nightmare getting shoes to fit when I was in school. One shop would have a size 6 that fit me and then another would have a 6 six that either felt 2 sizes too big or too small.

Either reason could be the cause or even both.
Search Benjamin Button on Google. He had a very curious case. :smile:
Reply 8
I would be very, very surprised if the size of your feet were decreasing as that's just not the way humans work :frown:
Weight loss sometimes does this! Did you go on a fad diet or sth? I was on an intensive diet recently so if I run with my shorts, which is like a size 12 there will be naked issues :top:!

It's so annoying they keep threatening to fall off & I only have the one clean pair for basketball at uni :colonhash: !

Posted from TSR Mobile
I lost a lot of weight very quickly and my feet have got smaller, from a 7/8 down to a size 6.
So I wouldn't worry about it.
Reply 11
Original post by SpoiltRotten
I lost a lot of weight very quickly and my feet have got smaller, from a 7/8 down to a size 6.
So I wouldn't worry about it.

Original post by Fashion Girl
Weight loss sometimes does this! Did you go on a fad diet or sth? I was on an intensive diet recently so if I run with my shorts, which is like a size 12 there will be naked issues :top:!

It's so annoying they keep threatening to fall off & I only have the one clean pair for basketball at uni :colonhash: !

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just fell ill and lost weight, then continued joined a slimming group to carry on losing weight. I'm not there yet though, have a bit more to lose. Really surprised that shoe sixes can change that much, what am I going to do with all my old lovely shoes. :frown::tongue:
Original post by Khodu
I just fell ill and lost weight, then continued joined a slimming group to carry on losing weight. I'm not there yet though, have a bit more to lose. Really surprised that shoe sixes can change that much, what am I going to do with all my old lovely shoes. :frown::tongue:

Stuff tissue in them to make them fit...I did that with a pair of ballerinas from Faith :rofl: before they went out of business :angry: !
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest